xenithon is offline Member

brilliant breakfasts! and question on GI

sup ppls,

how's these products for good, healthy breakfasts (difficult to find amongst all the sugar filled, fibre-less products available here)

http://www.bokomofoods.co.za/main.htm

on the left menu click on 'bokomo'.

check the wheatbix (which also comes in salt-free), branbix, branflakes etc. COOL!! this is what I needed. I'm fed up of finally finding something with lotsa fibre and low fat eg. kellogs hi-fibre, but that is also fulla sugar, all these products have almost negligable sugar!

maybe I'm getting over exited, its just tough finding good quality things like this here, whereas in places like USA u can normally find health things easy, right??

on anada note: anyone know how to predict GI? normally if I look at some of those cereals I see lotsa carbs, mostly complex, little fat, very high fibre. can I assume that it is low to medium GI or are there other factors?

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Looks good bro but the bad thing abouyt it is that from what I saw you have to oreder the stuff. That is unless you already live in South Africa where this product orginated from. Let us know how it turns out. Might be that you just hit on something here that just might be worth the wait in the mail.
    Tobey

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Just a side note. There was an article in Muscle and Fitness in the most recent issue that had your best picks at grocery stores for your health. Everything from hot and cold cereals to frozen prepared foods. Was a decent read and some of the items made my grocery list.

xenithon is offline Member
    hey all. actually I am in south africa scottp - thanks for the info, but the problem for me to read all those american/earopean articles is cause most of the stuff I can never get here, thats y i got so excited reading about this stuff made in my country.

bump on anyone knowing how to predict GI?

Thread Information