Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    Since this thread is completely hijacked anyway...

Swole, I thought you did triceps on your chest days. Do you do shoulders on top of that as well?
    he does like a push/pull program

chinups Guest
    I am thinking about reducing my shoulders now to like 1 press and laterals and doing traps on back day and dedicating a day to arms...............

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    arms day suck i dont push out as much weight

wut works for me is chest/triceps
    shoulders/legs(this is for a month cuz i cant squat now do ne leg work)
    back/biceps
    works like a charm

but hey if arms day work for u keep doing em
    good luck

chinups Guest
    I currently do traditional ch/tri bck/bi legs(own day) shou/traps

But ideally if I could make gym time shorter that would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by chinups
    But ideally if I could make gym time shorter that would be nice
    i wish i could make it longer

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.shred
    People think that once they start their diets they can still have a cheat meal. I disagree, it takes at least a month minumum for your body to get used to eating clean. After that Month a cheat is really only necessary once every Four weeks. The best thing to do is to zag your carbs, and have 2 days where you increase carbs that are already in your diet such as, oatmeal or brown rice. Try going a month with absolutely no cheating and I gurantee you will look better than if you were to have one cheat meal a week. Another thing is that a lot of people after having that "one cheat meal" fall off because they get a taste of sugar or whatever they crave and continue their cheating more than one meal. Once you go a substantial amount of time without cheating, it will no longer be a priorioty and you will be happy never cheating and you will look leaner than ever. I do believe that one cheat a month is enough to refire your metabolism and be more beneficial to really drop body fat. I gurantee you will look leaner, but you must go AT LEAST 1 month eating perfect.

-SHRED

(back on topic you whores)

Agreed

chinups Guest
    Me tarzan love gym too!!! But when u wake up for work at 4:30am drive 1 hr to and from work hit gym, cook, take care of dog maintain home blah blah blah, well I am sure we all do the same sh-it but for me getting bigger a smarter way in less time is the goal so I guess its double the dose-minus the time. haha j/p

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim2884
    Dr. Shred, I totally agree with you. I used to LOVE cheating. I cheated all day every saturday for my first 2 years of "dieting." But when my bf started his contest diet last year, I didn't have someone to cheat with anymore, so I didn't want to do it as much...now, it's been about 8 months since i've had a real cheat meal. The only "cheat" i have now is maybe a glass of wine or diet coke and rum once every week or two. And I don't feel deprived! I don't want the other crap anymore. I don't even remember what it tastes like, and I don't think it's worth it. I think after not eating certain foods for a long time, you lose the associations of pleasure tied to them, and no longer crave them. To me, THAT is freedom. Craving something and denying yourself 6 days out of 7 is self-torture. Never craving it to begin with and being satisfied with healthy foods is a much better option...for me at least.
    I agree, when you get that craving out of your system it is no longer a priority it becomes a lot easier. To me I love the diet I have in place so much right now that I am satisfied and almost never feel miserable and wanting to cheat to make myself feel better. Last year, I had a low carb/low cal diet not knowing how to really diet correctly. I have an extremely fast metabolism and my body loves carbs so I have a lot of low gi carbs and increase my calories which totally kills my cravings. I think once you find the right diet for yourself it makes everything easier as far as cheating goes. You become content with your diet and lose the urge to cheat. For me, I like to cheat once a month and feel like I get the best gains this way. Someone once said in another thread that did not believe in cheating, that if you owned a ferrari would fuel it with cheap gasoline or the highest octane, obviously a no-brainer.

-SHRED

chinups Guest
    Ask that guy if his ferrari can walk and talk and develope major mood swings.

In all honesty I envy you for being able to do that kind of diet

Ask that guy if his ferrari can walk and talk and develope major mood swings.

In all honesty I envy you for being able to do that kind of diet
    Honestly though I am almost never moody and if I am it is not because of my diet. Like I said I think everyone can do it without being moody if they have the right diet that fits them.

-SHRED

chinups Guest
    Third day completely clean (just started dieting) and I feel wonderful. With ECA its easy

First week is the hardest, after that is easy.

-SHRED

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I dont know man. Isnt it kind of like saying "**** bro's now my sexdrive is gone, I dont even want sex anymore and it feels so great not to have the urge".
    Im sure a monk thinks that way when he after a couple of years in celibacy loses the urge.

To me the cheat foods are like sex. 100% pure joy. Im not bashing you in anyway bro. I just dont se a advantage with getting rid of a urge that is so pleasuring to fulfill(and that realy isnt to horrible unless competing)?
    When you cheat once a month what kind of stuff do you consume by the way??

But I have noticed now that when I include a ****load of veggies in my diet my carb cravings almost disaperes.

i hate fake food (chocs etc.....) i feel so much better eating rite training, concent ,sex etc... the only thing i use thats a lil cheat is wine or alcohol

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    ya know, i read in a magazine recently that the lower bf percent you have, the more often you need a cheat meal. I usually do 1 every week or two, whenever i feel the need. I'll see if i can find the article...

cuz the body runs on homostatis(rite?)
    but if u need a cheat meal y not try fruits alot of em with protein and fat all mixed i think thatll work probably

fruits rocks as cheats Im a fruitaholic. aaa grapes, apples, pears, kiwi **** they are so sweet and tasty.

chinups Guest
    IMO eating right def involves tons of fruit I could careless about sugars and carbs. Fruits and Veggies will be a staple of my eating habits for life. You have to eat right and eating right involves your outer body and inner body.

AVAGO is offline Member
    People think that once they start their diets they can still have a cheat meal. I disagree, it takes at least a month minumum for your body to get used to eating clean. After that Month a cheat is really only necessary once every Four weeks. The best thing to do is to zag your carbs, and have 2 days where you increase carbs that are already in your diet such as, oatmeal or brown rice. Try going a month with absolutely no cheating and I gurantee you will look better than if you were to have one cheat meal a week. Another thing is that a lot of people after having that "one cheat meal" fall off because they get a taste of sugar or whatever they crave and continue their cheating more than one meal. Once you go a substantial amount of time without cheating, it will no longer be a priorioty and you will be happy never cheating and you will look leaner than ever. I do believe that one cheat a month is enough to refire your metabolism and be more beneficial to really drop body fat. I gurantee you will look leaner, but you must go AT LEAST 1 month eating perfect.

-SHRED

Absolutely impossible the KFC voices grow louder every day and i can not refuse them........... must not....................... mmmmmmmmmmm tower burger.......................KFC

kiwi's now ur talking pineapples strawberries in ....... women r evil

mmm how many times did we hi-jack this thread
    btw y is it called hi-jack was the first hijacker called jack or smth? jk
    back to original topic
    "cheating not necessary"

IMO eating right def involves tons of fruit I could careless about sugars and carbs. Fruits and Veggies will be a staple of my eating habits for life. You have to eat right and eating right involves your outer body and inner body.
    I have gotten the same attitude. I now almost consider veggies and fruits more important then protein just because of the gazilions of health benifits. What fun is it to be ripped and buff if the health sux. Then Il rather be a bit smooth because of the sugars in fruit but have tiptop health

chinups Guest
    This is not hijacking. This is a diet post and we are discussing diets. Its a discussion board no? I know plenty ppl that are shredded nad they eat differently then most, individuals respond different. Check info below

Cancer is the second leading cause of death in the Western world accounting for nearly 24 percent of total deaths. The good news is that it is estimated that more than one-third of cancer-related deaths are preventable by following a regimen of healthy diet.

Vegetables and fruits are central to such a means of cancer-prevention-.The 5-A-DAY Better Health Programme in the United States, a joint effort of the 'National Cancer Institute’ and 'Produce for Better Health Foundation"'; is a model programme designed to encourage people to eat at least five servings of fresh fruits and vegetables. Each serving is typically half cup or about 110 g, The logic is that, with the intake of large quantities of fruits and vegetables, a person is less likely to go for fatty foods. Research results from National Cancer Institute at Rethscda, Maryland (USA), suggest that a daily intake of five servings of fruits and vegetables will cut down the incidence of colorectal cancer by 50%, breast cancer by 25%, and prostate, endometrium and gall bladder cancer by

the self healing human by sanna ehdin

Have you read that book chinups?

http://www.ehdin.com/SannaEhdin.html

It realy explains how to achive both mental and physical health with the right eathing habits. its not some mumbojumbo either cause she is a imunology professor.

chinups Guest
    This guy is good too, I mean he is a kook but you have to take everything with a grain of salt, I don't beleive in half his stuff but I like to be well rounded and open minded. MICROWAVES ARE THE DEVIL (and I use one everyday)

www.naturalcures.com

true chinups and johan but beware of the fruits and vegs u choose i read a study that a large group of people increased their f/v consumption and got cancer more than people that didnt eat that much f/vs !!! y? the chemicals that r used to grow make em bigger pesticides etc... make sure theyre organic and safe

This guy is good too, I mean he is a kook but you have to take everything with a grain of salt, I don't beleive in half his stuff but I like to be well rounded and open minded. MICROWAVES ARE THE DEVIL (and I use one everyday)

www.naturalcures.com

yeah I couldnt live without a microwave But I try to avoid plastic containers in them

Il check out that site. This one is good to I think I havent read through the articles yet

http://www.orthomed.org/

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalMethodX
    true chinups and johan but beware of the fruits and vegs u choose i read a study that a large group of people increased their f/v consumption and got cancer more than people that didnt eat that much f/vs !!! y? the chemicals that r used to grow make em bigger pesticides etc... make sure theyre organic and safe

Yeah I always try to buy organic. Organic also contain like twice the ammount of minerals, vitamins, antioxidants ect(in some cased 4-5 times as much!!) as the **** grown with artificial fertelizers and with pesticides ect.

To bad organic is much more expensive

yeah i have to eat the s**** kind too oh well its all changing in a couple o yrs so its ok

chinups Guest
    If I was rich I would live to 105. Organic foods and Meats are the **** but the GOVT makes sure it is the most exp **** in the world. Monday I had a steak that was organic and it was the best thing I had in a while. Organic fruits are nothing short then amazing

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Someone once said in another thread that did not believe in cheating, that if you owned a ferrari would fuel it with cheap gasoline or the highest octane, obviously a no-brainer.

-SHRED

How a car and gas compares to increasing the metabolism by way of caloric intake, I've no idea.

I see what was trying to be compared, but it can't be done here, makes no sense.

~SC~

real food is too f*** expensive u can get a box of f*** nuggets for 15 or smth but 2 pounds of meat (1k) is 35-40 and its not organic people are forced to eat s*** amazing im telling u its a f**** conspiracy

chinups Guest
    Yo swole chime in...Looking good vs Living long......All the same or two differnet things? I know most of us base diets on cals and porteins and such to look good but at the same time are we doing long term damage or not doing enough to prevent disease. I read fantastic things about mangos and fruits from tropical islands but in a bb diet they are forgiven fruit

I do both.

~SC~

chinups Guest
    So fruits are pros not cons?

You can work fruit into your diet, yes. A good diet includes a bit of everything, eaten at particular times and for valid reasons.

Cardio time!

~SC~

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    eww... fruit.

r u serious?

chinups Guest
    Organic Mango Fully ripped!!!! WOW

IronAdam is offline Member
    I usually have one cheat meal a week..never had a problem shedding fat that way. Moderation is the key to being happy/healthy/cut. Staying strict all week and having pizza and beer one night a week allows me to have fun and stay sane...the next day its back to routine...I acutally like it that way

Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    [QUOTE=johan]I dont know man. Isnt it kind of like saying "**** bro's now my sexdrive is gone, I dont even want sex anymore and it feels so great not to have the urge".
    QUOTE]

I see what you're saying, but no, it's not at all like saying that. Sex burns calories and makes you happier and healthier. There is nothing to be gained by not having sex, and nothing to lose by having it (in most situations). On another note, one benefit I've found of not cheating is that I have sex more. On cheat days, I was always too full, bloated, nauseous or self-conscious about my protruding belly to have sex.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information