Thread: Probiotics

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Probiotics

Does anyone here eat anything containing probiotics daily? Or take extra care in some other way to make sure the bacterial fauna in your digestive tracks are optimal? in that case I want to know what you do/eat

bump

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    You hurt my brain w/words like "FAUNA".

Please stop!

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

Please stop!

~SC~

gooroo is offline Associate Member
    dont fret Johan alot of the people here dont understand what you mean but I do..
    I recently started taking some optiflora from shaklee. Google it.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by gooroo
    dont fret Johan alot of the people here dont understand what you mean but I do..
    I recently started taking some optiflora from shaklee. Google it.
    W/your spaghettios?

~SC~

The TooL is offline Junior Member
    i take primal defense that stuff actually works really really well!!! dosent matter if i eat really clean or eat like **** or even drink a **** load of vodka. Now i almost never get the nasty ****s despite whatever it is i eat.

Im starting to suspect this is the most neglected thing in bodybuilding nowdays. I mean most of the food gets absored in the intestines so it would seem logical that the better bacteria we have there the better absorbation of nutritens we would have. Not to mention a good bacterial fauna helps against joint pains(even cases where they have cured rheumatiod arthritis with fermented veggies), general imunedefence(80% of the imunedefence is centered around that area)and mental wellbeeing.

We take care of our liver, kidneys ect ect but no one cares about the thing that matters most to our goals, the intestines(after all how can we grow if the aminoacids doesnt get absorbed, or if we are sic often).

Il do some experimenting with myself. Gonna include both probiotic drinks and fermented veggies into my diet and se how it effects my gains and general health

optikfrequency is offline Junior Member
    I used to consistantly use a protein powder with a probiotic blend, i really didn't notice any difference but i'm sure it was doing it's job.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

Please stop!

~SC~
    I think that means venison as in Bambi.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Im starting to suspect this is the most neglected thing in bodybuilding nowdays. I mean most of the food gets absored in the intestines so it would seem logical that the better bacteria we have there the better absorbation of nutritens we would have. Not to mention a good bacterial fauna helps against joint pains(even cases where they have cured rheumatiod arthritis with fermented veggies), general imunedefence(80% of the imunedefence is centered around that area)and mental wellbeeing.

We take care of our liver, kidneys ect ect but no one cares about the thing that matters most to our goals, the intestines(after all how can we grow if the aminoacids doesnt get absorbed, or if we are sic often).

Il do some experimenting with myself. Gonna include both probiotic drinks and fermented veggies into my diet and se how it effects my gains and general health
    Can I get this effect by eating kim-she at a Korean resturant?

what the **** is kim-she??

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    what the **** is kim-she??
    Hope I spelled it corectly. It is a Korean staple food that is made from fermented cabbage. It is very spicy and very tasty. I love the stuff.

As you are from Sweeden I am not surprised that you can't get it. I think you guys eat mostly meat balls, right?
    Last edited by beenie; 03-31-2005 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beenie
    Hope I spelled it corectly. It is a Korean staple food that is made from fermented cabbage. It is very spicy and very tasty. I love the stuff.

As you are from Sweeden I am not surprised that you can't get it. I think you guys eat mostly meat balls, right?
    Well if its fermented then it would be a probiotic

lol yeah Im a swede. But I dont eat much meatballs. They are delicious though ohh god I still have fond memories of the bulk I did with only meatballs and pasta. I got fat as a god **** pig but every meal was a bit of heaven.

Il have to go to the closests korean restuant and se if that cabbage stuff is any good

Thread Information