The Dynasty is offline Junior Member

Maximum Amt of Carbs in Pro/Fat Meals...

Sup bros?

Basically my thread title says it all. What's the maximum amount of carbs (ideally, let's say) should I intake in a pro/fat meal?

Reason being, I love cashews. I tend to down 26 of them when I'm downing 50g or lean meat protein OR 46g of my optimum nutrition whey protein shake (which nets out to about 4g net carbs--6g carbs, 2g fiber). The 26 cashews net out to about 9.6g of carb (11.1g carbs, 1.5g fiber). So that's about 13.6g of carbs in a pro/fat meal.

Let me know opinion. Good looking out. Thanks.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    That's fine....... just don't go much higher than that. Really you should be warry of sugars, most of the carbs in the nuts are fiber and the carbs from most whey protein won't hurt you. I usually don't even count the 2g of carbs from my protein when I total up my macros. Just watch your body and see if it hurts you, if it does ditch the whey and put solid lean protein in place. But I don't see it being a problem unless you are really lean already.

The Dynasty is offline Junior Member
    LMO, good looking out with the response, bro--much appreciated. I'm gonna see how my body responds to it. Honestly, I'm trying to tighten up my diet again because I've been slippin' for a while, so I just needed to get some little questions answered. Thanks again, man.

Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    That's fine....... just don't go much higher than that. Really you should be warry of sugars, most of the carbs in the nuts are fiber and the carbs from most whey protein won't hurt you. I usually don't even count the 2g of carbs from my protein when I total up my macros. Just watch your body and see if it hurts you, if it does ditch the whey and put solid lean protein in place. But I don't see it being a problem unless you are really lean already.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Use almonds instead, I would.

~SC~

Jenseno9 is offline Member
    why are almonds better? simple question i know...

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenseno9
    Probably less carbs

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenseno9

EFA's

Thread Information