Thread: egg whites

O.fO.shO is offline Member

egg whites

Im on wk11 of 16 on test/eq and i cabt break 205# . I've been eating sbout 3500 calories a day .

A main part of my diet was egg whites....but i just cant stomache eating them anymore and have been replacing them with a shake for meal #2, wich i think may be some of the problem . Wich was 12 eggs .

What if i dint cook them and blended them up with a little skim milk , would this be as good as eating them cooked?

I'm 5'11" 205#....with 3500cal. a day in your opion's should i still be gaining weight?

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Seriously, do not drink them if they are egg whites where you are cracking them open and doing the seperation yourself. That's a good way to end up in the hospital with food poisoning. Got ask swolecat about it.

If they are premade egg whites like egg beaters where it says they are pasturized then it would be ok to drink.

Paullusion is offline Associate Member
    did swolecat get food poisoning? I read that you can tell by the colour of the egg whenyou crack it wheather or not it is infected.

sp9
    I believe he got it from partially cooked chicken if I remember correctly.

sp9
    http://67.18.108.244/showthread.php?t=73033

also check out:

Myth #6: You have to be careful handling egg alternatives, the same way you do whole eggs.
    FACT: Unlike traditional whole shell eggs, all egg alternative products are pasteurized, eliminating the threat of serious illness or death by salmonella poisoning. This means people can safely eat Caesar salad dressing, protein shakes or other foods that traditionally contain uncooked eggs, which would otherwise increase their risk of exposure to dangerous salmonella bacteria.

http://www.eggbeaters.com/products/faqs.jsp

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yeah, I got it from spoiled chicken that was then cooked, so it was actually spoiled and infected BEFORE they even cooked it. So, I check to see if the chicken is cooked (as I normally do) and all looks well.

Welp, all wasn't! Not sure why the cooking didn't kill it, but I guess it wasn't cooked enough.

I'd rather die than go through that hospital stay again.

~SC~

Paullusion is offline Associate Member
    while were talking about egg whites, how do you feel they compare to whey?
    Last edited by Paullusion; 03-28-2005 at 08:58 PM.

Dont eat them raw, it will only upset your stomach and you run the risk of samonella. Get creative and mix them up with something. If I mix mine with hot sauce or salsa I can pound them, it's nothing for me to eat like 12 in one sitting in about 5 min. Especially if I got my salsa on hand!!

Thread Information