yolked315 is offline New Member

Please Help With Last Meal

was up guys,

I was wondering if you guys could help me with my last meal of the night.

I workout late so my PWO meal is at about 7:30pm at night. It consists of 40g whey protien and 75g dextrose. I eat my last meal about 10:00pm and it also another shake but with flax. Would taking two shakes and eating no real food before bed be bad,and if so that do you guys suggest i should eat for my last meal.

thanks yolked

Angel of death is offline Senior Member
    Get some cottage cheese, my favorite bedtime snack

mcvays1 is offline Junior Member
    A steak with some veggies is also a good choice

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Ideally you should be having a second pwo meal containing a clean carb and lean protein source. This should be within at least 2 hours of your first pwo offering, putting your last meal earlier.

If in the proper amounts, you can replinish glycogen stores and adequately begin the recovery process, and not store excess as adipose tissue. I wouldn't have a fat/pro meal after a dextrose/whey shake, not even couple of hours after, aside from needing more carbs in the 1st place.

~SC~

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Ideally you should be having a second pwo meal containing a clean carb and lean protein source. This should be within at least 2 hours of your first pwo offering, putting your last meal earlier.

If in the proper amounts, you can replinish glycogen stores and adequately begin the recovery process, and not store excess as adipose tissue. I wouldn't have a fat/pro meal after a dextrose/whey shake, not even couple of hours after, aside from needing more carbs in the 1st place.

~SC~
    Thanks, I was wondering this for myself once I get back to school, because I have classes in the late afternoon, and would be running into the same time schedule.....

I'll definitely give that a whirl....

One thing, if I were to wake a few hours later and down a whey/flax shake (then returning to bed), would that be ok?

Sorry for the 'jack, but I feel it's rellevant to the thread subject...

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If your "nocturnal protein" feeding is worked into your macros for your entire day/schedule, then I'd say that's fine.

However, I usually feel that the complex carbs, protein, and amount of food in my PWO2 is enough to hold me over for the night.

~SC~

Thanks brutha.

yolked315 is offline New Member
    Thanks for all the help. I will be adding a clean carb and lean protien in my last meal. How about 2 slices of whole wheat bread and some chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by yolked315
    Thanks for all the help. I will be adding a clean carb and lean protien in my last meal. How about 2 slices of whole wheat bread and some chicken.
    I would suggest rice, yams/sweet potatoes, oats over bread any day...

Thread Information