smegs is offline Member

pro/carb VS. pro/fat

say i have a pro/carb meal, as oppose to a pro/fat meal...will the pro/carb meal give me MORE engery and fill me uo LONGER than the pro/fat meal?????

i ask this question b/c i find when im at school and i have a pro/fat meal it doesnt really keep me going that long (e.g. proshake/PB), but when i have a pro/carb meal i feel better

i am cutting...

anyone have any thoughts on this????

thank you

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    if ur macros are in check and u wanna eat carb/proinstead of fat y not make sure its a low gi carb

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    bout the energy thing its not only the meal but ur overall diet and habits
    sleep,how many calories u burn,stress caffiene withdrawal and other factors

I do notice a difference between pro/fat and pro/carb. I recently changed my first meal of the day to pro/fat from pro/carb. I do have less energy, but nothing too horrible. The one thing I have noticed is that I seem to be dropping body fat much faster since the switch. I can see it almost daily. I do cardio for an hour 1st thing on an empty stomach and have my pro/fat meal about 45 minutes later.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by West Coast All Star
    I do notice a difference between pro/fat and pro/carb. I recently changed my first meal of the day to pro/fat from pro/carb. I do have less energy, but nothing too horrible. The one thing I have noticed is that I seem to be dropping body fat much faster since the switch. I can see it almost daily. I do cardio for an hour 1st thing on an empty stomach and have my pro/fat meal about 45 minutes later.
    yep especially on non lifting days maintaining a majority of pro/fat meals really brings about quicker more noticable changes in leanness...

xenithon is offline Member
    Very often it is simply because you are taking in less calories. For example if you replace a meal of lean protein and carbs (say chicken and oats) for protein and fat, you end up with fewer calories. I have seen this very often when people post diets.

For example instead of having chicken and oats, they replace the oats (eg. 75g oats, giving 50g carbs) which are 290 calories, for a tablespoon of flax or olive oil. That's 15g fat which is 135 calsories - less than half the oats! The reason is that carb sources tend to be more calorically dense. This is because you do not get many 'pure carbs' meaning they often also have some natural fat, fiber, protein etc. When you have fats instead, people normally take in oils or other straight fats. These have nothing but fat in then and thus have far fewer calories.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Caffeine, my friend, caffeine...

Thread Information