tallyjuice is offline Member

New Lean Pockets

Now I know that people are going to start talking ****, but check out the new lean pockets Ultra at publix. 24g of protein, 12grams of impact carbs, and 6 grams of fat(2 are saturated). They also taste great, especially with some low-carb ketchup. By the way, for those who can't add, this comes out to 200 calories. It is due to the low fat mozzarella, and whole wheat crust. Nice little snack food on the run. Tell me what u think.

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    yeah, i want some feedback as well. i love hot pockets, but haven't been eatin 'em lately kuz of the fat and carbs

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    You can have them, I think they are garbage.

I'd have to eat 3 to fulfill my protein requirements, so it's not a valid meal for me.

~SC~

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    You can have them, I think they are garbage.

I'd have to eat 3 to fulfill my protein requirements, so it's not a valid meal for me.

~SC~
    yeah, but u're a diet guru investment baller, i'm just me and i think i will try these a time or 2

Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    I've seen these before, and thought they sounded good. I haven't gotten around to trying them though. ( my protein requirement is not terribly high, so 24g in a 200-calorie item is awesome for me)

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Wow thats a pretty good find, if im on a cutting diet would this be an ok snack to have inbetween meals??? assuming im eating 4 meals a day, 1 protein shake a day, and a serving of homemade protein pudding(25 grams of whey protein)??

On a true cutting diet there are no "snacks" and you don't use processed "low carb" (and it's not realistically) items, but you'd want to choose whole/real/natural foods and fresh water.

I mean there are levels of "seriousness" in all dieting approaches, and the ones that I utilize and prescribe have no room for such inclusion. Others may choose to use them, that's an individual thing.

~SC~

or is this a bad thing to add into ur diet, cause i know if i like em ill just eat one everyday, so wondering if the nutritional values arent as good as they seem (24G protein, 12 grams carbs, 200 cal.) or its as good as it sounds n go to costco n buy a hudge box

hey man just saw ur post, my serious level is i am not looking to do ne comps, not looking to be hudge n have every little vein n muscle present, to be honest i want a flat stomach, and a defined look, i mean i am very dedicated and 100 percent serious, but my goals r diff then most on this board, but doesnt mean im not 100 percent dedicated, long story short will one of these a day take away from me getting a 6 pack and my defined look, if it does im not gonna buy them, hahah and if thats pic of u in ur avator im more then happy to take ur advice
    Last edited by Machdiesel; 04-02-2005 at 06:05 PM.

If you can work them in and make progress, I guess there is no harm.

I just wouldn't be able to use them for a myriad of dietary reasons.

~SC~

pretty much all of my carbs come from whole wheat bread(2 pieces a day at sep meals) and oatmeal, im thinking of throwing in one of these lean pockets like 25 mins after i take my post workout shake, my shake has 30 grams of protein in it, so i figure one of these betrween my pwo shake n dinner wouldnt be bad, and would help me stick to my diet cause i actaully liekl them n would take off that feeling of forcing down yet another tasteless tuna meal or watever

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Machdiesel
    or is this a bad thing to add into ur diet, cause i know if i like em ill just eat one everyday, so wondering if the nutritional values arent as good as they seem (24G protein, 12 grams carbs, 200 cal.) or its as good as it sounds n go to costco n buy a hudge box

hey man just saw ur post, my serious level is i am not looking to do ne comps, not looking to be hudge n have every little vein n muscle present, to be honest i want a flat stomach, and a defined look, i mean i am very dedicated and 100 percent serious, but my goals r diff then most on this board, but doesnt mean im not 100 percent dedicated, long story short will one of these a day take away from me getting a 6 pack and my defined look, if it does im not gonna buy them, hahah and if thats pic of u in ur avator im more then happy to take ur advice
    Depends on your metabolism/genetics. Some people can get away with it while others can't. You have to figure out if you can still drop body fat to have your abs showing while eating those. Personally, I would say drop them, they are processed s*it.

-SHRED

yea man i hear ya, the nutritional facts r disieveing, but a diet is only good if u can keep is constistant, n if 1 or 2 lean pockets a week keep u on the diet u need, then in my opinion its worth it, personally i love food, i could eat untill i explode, so dieting is bye far the toughest aspect for me,
    also i just saw a comercial for gordons fisherman salmon steaks, ne one every try then, ne good, nutritional facts??? LOVE salmon but dont feel like cooking it everytime i want it
    Last edited by Machdiesel; 04-02-2005 at 09:00 PM.

Thread Information