Thread: egg whites??

Determined is offline New Member

egg whites??

im wondering if i can store several egg whites in my refrigerator like in a container or zip lock or something like that. are they gonna decompose or something ??.. im asking because im tired of opening 7 eggs everymorning...thanks for your help

AVAGO is offline Member
    And ya called determined

Ravi is offline Junior Member
    Just buy the egg whites that are in the carton. Its a hell of alot easier.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Determined
    im wondering if i can store several egg whites in my refrigerator like in a container or zip lock or something like that. are they gonna decompose or something ??.. im asking because im tired of opening 7 eggs everymorning...thanks for your help
    That 14 seconds must be messing with your whole day.

Paullusion is offline Associate Member
    it's cheaper to buy them in a carton anyway.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Don't do that. It gives bacteria time to grow. You could end up in the hospital if somehow its nto fully cooked. Get the cartons, they are pasturized so you could even drink them raw and not get sick.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Order some from lanaseggwhites.com.

Quote Originally Posted by sp9
    Don't do that. It gives bacteria time to grow. You could end up in the hospital if somehow its nto fully cooked. Get the cartons, they are pasturized so you could even drink them raw and not get sick.
    Thats exactly what I've been doing for a while.

I drink cartons of pasteurised egg-whites straight. It's a little slimey but has no taste at all.

Red

Hans is offline Associate Member
    OK, so the trip to the grocery store EOD getting 2 dozen eggs could be replaced by pasteurized cartons? So the cartons are more convenient, less messy and cost a bit more, is it worth it? I have been hardboiling them and eating8 to 10 in the am and I find it too filling to include my oatmeal or multigrain bread for carbs. What other techniques are there for 60 grams required for diet. Also, are the yolks bad? Serious question, I just eat all of it as I thought the yolks contain protein too and i'm counting the grams. What about drinking eggs, only pasteurized? Salmonella? Feedback please.

speak is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans
    OK, so the trip to the grocery store EOD getting 2 dozen eggs could be replaced by pasteurized cartons? So the cartons are more convenient, less messy and cost a bit more, is it worth it? I have been hardboiling them and eating8 to 10 in the am and I find it too filling to include my oatmeal or multigrain bread for carbs. What other techniques are there for 60 grams required for diet. Also, are the yolks bad? Serious question, I just eat all of it as I thought the yolks contain protein too and i'm counting the grams. What about drinking eggs, only pasteurized? Salmonella? Feedback please.
    ...or when you go to the store you can buy a $hit load at once. Safeway just had 10 18packs for $10.00 - killer deal. Everytime I have priced cartons it isn't worth it, they are too expensive and I don't mind cracking.

If you're gonna eat the yolks(which are full of fat) don't eat them with carbs. Make this a pro/fat meal. My first meal is 1 cup(measured dry) of oatmeal with a protien drink while I drive to work. My next meal is when I eat my eggs with a couple of yolks and something else to get me between 40 - 50 grams of protien and 16 grams of fat. I've heard your body will only absorbe around 50 grams, so i wouldn't try for 60 all the time.

You're right about only pasteurized eggs if you're drinking them, but that's just gross!

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I'm gonna try drinking them. Takes too long to cook them up and they taste bad anyway cooked. If I like it, then it will be a nice little trick for my friends to gross out on as well.

Trylek is offline New Member
    Would egg white powder be okay? Am I losing any of the benefits of the egg whites if I use the powder form?

Thread Information