Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member

When buying meat??

i still live at home and my mom does the food shopping(very lame but im 20 and moving out within the next 6 months) my question is what should i tell her to ask the butcher for when buying my steaks,beef, or watever is best for high protein, and how man oz per pieces, thqanx alot this would be a hudge help, she jsut bought some angus steaks, r these ne good(but there very fatty and they were pre packaged

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    meat is meat, unless your spending top dollar on NY sirloin or grain fed don't worry about it. The amounts you need all depends on how much you eat. I know I go through a lot of steak/chicken every week. I would buy it in bulk and freeze it.

-SHRED

yea man thats what i do now, i just ate 2 angus beef steaks, on the package it said 1lb of meet, but i cut of some fat n took the bone out, ne one know about how many grams of protein that is?

for every 3.5 oz is about 30g of protein.

hey dr shred wanna just become my personal trainer n we can save the trouble of u going o ur comp n responding to all my threads?
    DAMMMMM only 3.5 oz for 30 grams, i have had to ahve atleast 60 with those 2 pieces i ate(both came out to be a lb combined, minus bones n fat) not bad at all, i def didnt think a few forks of meat could be that much, but i guess its the same as chk
    Last edited by Machdiesel; 04-02-2005 at 08:44 PM.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.shred
    meat is meat, unless your spending top dollar on NY sirloin or grain fed don't worry about it. The amounts you need all depends on how much you eat. I know I go through a lot of steak/chicken every week. I would buy it in bulk and freeze it.

-SHRED
    Basically correct, but the lower the fat content the more protien that is left. Meat=protien, fat=fat. A lot of the fat cooks away anyway, so personally I don't worry too much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Machdiesel
    hey dr shred wanna just become my personal trainer n we can save the trouble of u going o ur comp n responding to all my threads?
    DAMMMMM only 3.5 oz for 30 grams, i have had to ahve atleast 60 with those 2 pieces i ate(both came out to be a lb combined, minus bones n fat) not bad at all, i def didnt think a few forks of meat could be that much, but i guess its the same as chk
    no problem bro...happy to help you out.

-SHRED

Hans is offline Associate Member
    I'd rather eat some typer of meat instead of carbs, just more tastey to me, I get in my carbs as required for my diet, but as for meat....typically eat anywhere from 1 to 3 lbs of some type of flesh, LOL...beef-ground or steak, turkey breasts or ground, chicken breasts, fish.

Thread Information