ya_man is offline Member

Arrow what is this PEANUT BUTTER diet?

what is it?...i've heard some ppl on AR who have just ate that and protien for 5 weeks and gone from 14% bf....to 9%??....how does this happen?...does it actually work?

So would i just carry around a jar of PB for 5 weeks..and some tuna, chicken, or egg whites...with my 1 or 2 shakes per day?....would my only carbs becoming from the dex and oatmeal PWO?....I ask because PB is like chocolate to me...i would rather it that then chocolate...weird i no

so far this is my daily diet....

breaky:
    1 c oatmeal, 3 pack splenda, 1 scoop whey
    2 scoop whey and glutamine mixed in fat free milk
    snack 1:
    2-3 tablespoons of PB
    1 can tuna mixed with mustard
    lunch:
    1 can tuna mixed with mustard
    2-3 peices of WASA bread
    1/4 cup mini carrots
    snack 2:
    handfull almonds
    1 litre of water
    WORKOUT
    PWO:
    dex/2 scoops whey
    PPWO:
    1 cup oatmeal, 3 pack splenda, 1 scoop whey
    snack 3:
    either shake, chicken breast, or tuna with 1-2 scoops PB

So far this seems to be workin, im taken 50 mgs ephdra and 400mg caffene
    also fish oil pills - 3 a day.....doin between 25min to 1 hour of cardio normally on empty stomach (or only pro/fat meals in me)...approx 3-6 days per week

any and all info, results, opinions are welcome....thanks bros!
    u guys are helpin me out a lot right now with cutting....keep it up!!...

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Needless to say, a diet consisting only of peanut butter is neither healthy nor sane.

I'd never ever ATTEMPT such a crazy approach, but perhaps it's an approach attractive to some, you just never know.

I pass.

~SC~

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    The point is to just have whey prot shakes with pb, as all your meals, fat from the pb slows down the absorption of whey and you have a steady flow of aminos all day long.......only carbs come from PWO.

But you'll also be hungry all day long and that makes your chances off sticking to the diet a lot lower.......

In short the idea is all meals pro/fat, except PWO...

I'll also pass

xenithon is offline Member
    Whilst I agree with the view that the ANPB diet is inane and I wouldn't attempt it either, bor's comment was very interesting.

the idea is all meals pro/fat, except PWO...
    Looking around the diets recommended here, this seems to be the norm! Especially when cutting. The mindset seems to be - carbs are totally useless unless PWO, or perhaps preworkout too if you are a bulking ectomorph

Does the ANPB diet still seem so insane?

Quote Originally Posted by xenithon

Yes, it's horridly boring, and drinking LIQUID all day long for days on end would be very bathroom UN-FRIENDLY, and w/out the metabolism being stimulated by way of digesting and using SOLID foods, your metabolism would quickly grind to a snail's pace.

Again, I pass.

~SC~

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Needless to say, a diet consisting only of peanut butter is neither healthy nor sane.

I'd never ever ATTEMPT such a crazy approach, but perhaps it's an approach attractive to some, you just never know.

I pass.

~SC~
    I think it is a waste of time, who is actually going to stick to it, and that is probably the most important part of developing a diet.

I know it was not intentional, but I find the hyperlink in your first sentence ironic if you consider it in the context of the phrase "neither healthy nor sane."

I think it hyperlinks because it thinks it's saying "NEEDLES".

~SC~

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    The true PB diet only consists of only 2 tbls. of PB a day. Do a google on it.

The only one I have come across features far more. Here is an excerpt (note what is in bold):

"(1) Figure out your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR), this number will usually be weight x 12 for most people. For example, if I’m 200lbs., my BMR= 2400 (200*12).

(2) Take your BMR number and multiply it by 0.95, this will allow for a 5% deficit from your BMR (.95=95%, which is 100-5). For the 200lbs. example, the BMR is 2400*.95= 2280 calories, this will be your daily caloric intake. This number will be called DBMR (dieting BMR).

(3) Look at your ANPB jar: 2tbsp. of ANPB = 200cal., 16g fat, 5g carbs (7-2fiber), 7g protein. Now, take your DBMR and multiply it by 0.75, this will give you’re your PBMR. In our example of 2280 calories, this would be 2280 (DBMR) * 0.75 = 1710 calories = PBMR.

(4) Take your PBMR number and divide it by 200, now take the number you get and multiply it by 2. In our example, 1710/200=8.55; 8.55*2= 17.1 (round down). Thus, we have 17. This number is the number of ANPB spoons you’ll have a day; thus, in our case we can have 17tbsp. of ANPB.

(5) Take your DBMR – PBMR = RBMR, take RMBR and divide it by 4, this will give you the amount of protein (grams) you take in per day. In our case, 2280 – 1710 = 570; 570/4 = 142.5 (round up) = 143 g protein per day.

Therefore, in our example, this 200lbs. person would be eating 17tbsp. of ANPB per day and 143g protein (whey protein) per day. If he was to have 6 meals, this would be about 2.8 tbsp. of peanut butter per meal w/ 23g protein per meal. If you were to use your ratios, this would be done by taking your number of tbsp. per day divide by 6 and take your protein intake per day and do the same. This will vary depending on the amount of meals you have.

For our example, this individual would be taking in:
    2280 cal per day – 72 fiber cal = 2208 calories total
    136g fat per day, 1224 calories (55%)
    203 g protein per day, 812 calories (37%)
    43 g carbs per day, 172 calories (8%)"

IronAdam is offline Member
    Why not just eat chicken/turkey/tuna/steak for protein and NPB, Cottage Cheese, Motzarella cheese, almonds etc for the fats?

Liquid protein and NPB for 5 weeks is NUTS.

ya_man is offline Member
    thanks for the input guys...yeah i think i will steer clear of it now

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    BDTR goes on PB cutting diets...or atleast I read on a post here he did, might want his input.

ya_man is offline Member
    thanks splintercell, i will check in with him

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    PB isn't even the best source of fat. I prefer almond butter and it tastes almost as good.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Whilst I agree with the view that the ANPB diet is inane and I wouldn't attempt it either, bor's comment was very interesting.

Looking around the diets recommended here, this seems to be the norm! Especially when cutting. The mindset seems to be - carbs are totally useless unless PWO, or perhaps preworkout too if you are a bulking ectomorph

I never said it doesn't work. The macronutrients are all there, AND in the correct times, I just wouldn't go for it since its too extreme in the sence that I can still have a "all pro/fat except PWO" diet but with normal satiating foods that wont leave me feeling hungry all da long

I agree. If I ever go on an extreme cut it would most likely be all P/F except PWO and perhaps breakfast. PB is nice in moderation but 10+ tblspns a day - gag!

ya_man is offline Member
    I agree. If I ever go on an extreme cut it would most likely be all P/F except PWO and perhaps breakfast. PB is nice in moderation but 10+ tblspns a day - gag!
    GAG!!...???? what...NO WAY!!>..this stuff is like gold to me!...haha that sounds kinda obsessive...but still...i decided to not try that only PB and protien stuff...due to the comments that were made on this thread. great info bros!....

but yeah...i love the stuff...could eat all day everyday

BDTR is offline Retired
    In my initial phase of cutting, i use mainly whey shakes with flax/peanut butter or some almonds on the side. I just find it works better for me. Then i have whey/oats shake PPWO and whey dextrose PWO.

Quote Originally Posted by SplinterCell
    BDTR goes on PB cutting diets...or atleast I read on a post here he did, might want his input.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BDTR
    In my initial phase of cutting, i use mainly whey shakes with flax/peanut butter or some almonds on the side. I just find it works better for me. Then i have whey/oats shake PPWO and whey dextrose PWO.

I do the same.........Flax, natty PB, and almonds most of the time. If it weren't for natty PB when dieting I would quit in a matter of days. Honestly, if you are taking proper multi vitamins, eating vegetables still, and taking a calcium supplement I see no problem with a peanut butter diet.

Sounds like you defintly save on your grocery bill though

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    PB is like a desert for me I can eat that creamy goodness 24/7!

ya_man is offline Member
    BDTR, how many whey shakes are u puttin back a day when u cut?...im assuming with water too eh...not milk?

BDTR is offline Retired
    10, with water.

10, with water.
    Holy **** man, thats 200 g's of protein a day from shakes alone....how many pounds of whey do you go through a month?!

BDTR is offline Retired
    200 grams of protien from shakes? no.. 50 grams per shake, 500 grams a day from shakes.

BDTR is offline Retired
    ...and i go through a 3 lb tub of isopupre every two days.

Quote Originally Posted by SplinterCell
    Holy **** man, thats 200 g's of protein a day from shakes alone....how many pounds of whey do you go through a month?!

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    ...and i go through a 3 lb tub of isopupre every two days.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    So far this seems to be workin, im taken 50 mgs ephdra and 400mg caffene
    i dont know how you can take that much. 25mg of E and 200mg of caff get me amped for a couple hours

Thread Information