rschenck is offline New Member

16 weeks out need help!!

I am sixteen weeks out from a comp and I need diet and supplementation help. I am 5'8" and 225. My BF is around 18%. I have an idea on my diet but I need some help. If someone would like to help by spelling out a diet for me and supplementation I would appreciate it. The following is my diet and supplementation at the moment.

1. 1/2 cup oatmeal

2. 30 min cardio and then lifting

3. Isopure 50g protien with methyl EFX, 2 tbl sp glutamine, 2 Omega 3 pills

4. 3 egg whites 1 whole egg
    1 cup oatmeal 2 tbl sp glutamine

5. 6 oz chicken
    1/2 baked potato
    1/2 cup brocolli

6. 1 can tuna
    1 cup green beens

7. 8 0z lean beef
    1 cup green beans
    1 cup white rice

I need help to see if this is good bad or indifferent. I really want to dial in for my first show I just have know one to give me advice on supp and diet thanks for your help

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    http://67.18.108.244//showthread.php?t=75729

I would drop the lifting in the morning and just do cardio on an empty stomach for 30-45 mins at 65-75% of your MHR. Move the lifting to later in the day if you can.

I can't my training partner can not make it in the evening and he and I are training togethor for the show. I would feel like a real jerk if I left him High and Dry. How doesthe diet look. I am not very sure if I can dial it in and need help.

The diet needs a lot of work, especially if you're preparing for a competition. Check out the link I posted, that should give you a good base to work from.

The carbs before cardio are basically making your cardio worthless. Also you're mixing carbs and fats in your last meal of the day, carbs before bed aren't a good idea...
    Last edited by AandF6969; 04-03-2005 at 03:35 PM.

Thanks alot you are a big help. Would you be willing to set me up a specific diet if I gave you my stats. You could really help me with the show on July 31. Unfortunatley everyone looks to me for advise at the gym and I am the one who really needs it. What do you think, I can send some pictures if you want to help.

Just post the pics in this thread and the information... along with a possible diet. That cutting sticky I gave you is an excellent one. Theres a lot of good bros that can critique your diet and training if you post them up.

palumbo is offline Member
    i dont think ur ready for the comp yet just my two cents keep posting around here asking questions, and maybe next year by the time the comp comes around u will be ready to rock and roll. Follow the link he gave you it will help give u a baseline.

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by palumbo
    i dont think ur ready for the comp yet just my two cents keep posting around here asking questions, and maybe next year by the time the comp comes around u will be ready to rock and roll. Follow the link he gave you it will help give u a baseline.
    Dude, hes 16 weeks out, he has more than enough time to get in shape for a comp, why discourage him by saying hes not ready? 16 weeks is a little more than 3 months....you can do alot in 3 months...a helluva lot.

im not trying to discourage him at all i mean i think im just being realistic thats all i wish him nothing but the best of luck

Paumbo why do you think I am not ready for a first comp. I have lifted weights for 20years. I have powerlifted with the likes of Joe Ladnier in my home state. I agree I do need help on my dieting practices. My training is hardcore I just need some help with diet and supplementation. This is one of the reasons I started the diet early was to see how my body would react to the diet. Many moons ago when I was 20 I was going to compete and was put on a diet by a local trainer. I lost so much size I became discouraged. My carb intake was very low with one large carb up meal twice a week before bed. I was working the night shift and the diet and work was killing me. 3 weeks out and 27 pounds later I blew my knee out and had surgery. I ordered a pizza before minutes before I went under the knife. I have always wanted to get back in the saddle and try again. I played rugby and powerlifted so I never did. I am 37 and ready to give it a go.

Here is my new diet starting today and very strict.

Wake 4am
    2 Lean EFX 45 min cardio
    3 egg whites one whole egg
    1/2 cup oatmeal

Lift
    PWO - Isopure - Dextrose - Creatine - Glutamine

1 & 1/2 hr later
    6 oz grilled Chicken
    2 tblsp Flax

2.5hr later
    8 oz Lean Beaf
    1 cup green beans

1.5 can tuna
    1/2 cup rice
    1/2 cup green beans

Myoplex Shake made in water
    2 tbl sp flax

I am going to try this diet. Thanks for the help Aand I hope this looks better. If you still think I need to change the supplementation or diet let me know. I will let you know how things are going.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    For a show I'd do anything I could to prepare myself. Even if this meant leaving my training partner "high/dry". I'd just explain to him that I need to train later in the day to keep my training apart from my cardio as much as I can for best results. After all, u are doing a show. I'd also take a different approach w/my diet, but that's just me.

~SC~

didnt mean to discourage wish u nothing but the best the only thing i would change is take some of the carbs out of ur diet the ppwo meal needs to have carbs instesd of chicken flax. I would take the rice from the tuna meal and change it with the flax from the chicken ppwo goodluck

Thread Information