bigdogc is offline Associate Member

quick dextrose question

hey ive been searching, but can anyone tell me what i mix dextrose and malttroxe (sp?) with? i was am thinking of buying them but cant find it on all sporst nutrition. does anyone have a cycle written out with a descirption of how much dextrose/mal and with what?

rontg is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdogc
    hey ive been searching, but can anyone tell me what i mix dextrose and malttroxe (sp?) with? i was am thinking of buying them but cant find it on all sporst nutrition. does anyone have a cycle written out with a descirption of how much dextrose/mal and with what?
    it is usually mixed with your pwo protien shake. The ratio is 2:1. Example: 60g sugar from dextrsose, 30g Protein. Only use it post workout though, any other time you might just as well grab some junk food instead.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdogc
    You don't necessarily need both Dex and Malto....

Many (including myself) do quite well with just Dextrose...

As said above, a 2:1 ratio of Dex : Whey protein.... Althought I would suggest in the area of 40-45g whey, 80-90g dextrose...

Consume the shake within 15mins or so PWO...

You can buy Dextrose @ bulk foods stores, breweries, or from www.kentnutrition.com

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    You don't necessarily need both Dex and Malto....

Many (including myself) do quite well with just Dextrose...

As said above, a 2:1 ratio of Dex : Whey protein.... Althought I would suggest in the area of 40-45g whey, 80-90g dextrose...

Consume the shake within 15mins or so PWO...

You can buy Dextrose @ bulk foods stores, breweries, or from www.kentnutrition.com
    i know we aren't in the diet forum, but what amount of dextrose would you take during a cutting phase?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    We are in the diet forum, and the amount of dextrose one uses in a pwo offering is entirely dependent upon what the dietary protocol is.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    We are in the diet forum, and the amount of dextrose one uses in a pwo offering is entirely dependent upon what the dietary protocol is.

~SC~
    oh yeah i knew we were in the diet forum...... my bad

bigdogc is offline Associate Member
    hey guys, i went over to proteinfactor.com and did a custom hydro 520 (35%) 35% dextro 30% malto. they only do intervals of 5s so anyway, that comes out to 29g protein and 61g carbs. im at 170 right now, so i did .4*bodyweight (170*.4=31)... thats how i got my formula. my only question is, should i be drinking this PWO and thats all, or during my workout should i drink this shake, and then have 30grams of whey isolate as well? please help diet gurus (caugh swole cat cough).

oh yeah, 170, 5'10, 18yearsold, still need BF % but dont really know how to do it yet.

ps- should i also be getting flax substituting anywhere in this shake as well? i know its dumb because of slin spike, but i keep hearing about flax with shakes..

go4gold is offline Member
    Does 1 gram of Dextrose equal 1 gram carb?

Thread Information