diesel85 is offline Junior Member

question for diet gurus...

if i know bf%, h20% and lbm, what are some guidelines for nutrient intake if i am wanting to lean up? will be working out 4 days/wk, cardio for 15-20min post workout (maybe 3, poss. 4 of those days), 40mg anavar /day with t3 and clen . i know i should also modify intake on off days, right? by how much exactly? also, if my meal timing doesn't coincide with my training, how important is it to take in a meal IMMEDIATELY after training? is there an acceptable window? i will be monitoring measurements every couple weeks, to adjust diet accordingly. any questions, please ask, thanks.

diesel

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Check the cutting sticky. Cardio after weights is bad, do cardio in morning on an empty stomach for best results. Post weight workout should be whey and dextrose 2:1 ratio. Then about an hour later have a pro/carb meal. Obviously on non-training days you will not have these two meals so just sub a pro/fat.

niXon)( is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel85
    if i know bf%, h20% and lbm, what are some guidelines for nutrient intake if i am wanting to lean up? will be working out 4 days/wk, cardio for 15-20min post workout (maybe 3, poss. 4 of those days), 40mg anavar /day with t3 and clen . i know i should also modify intake on off days, right? by how much exactly? also, if my meal timing doesn't coincide with my training, how important is it to take in a meal IMMEDIATELY after training? is there an acceptable window? i will be monitoring measurements every couple weeks, to adjust diet accordingly. any questions, please ask, thanks.

diesel
    I say it one of the most important "meals" of the day. the window for PWO is15 min. you won't die if you don't just try and take it before 15 min.

sooner said the rest.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel85

diesel
    -diet
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=75729
    -working out
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=131585
    &the workout questions forum
    plz read those first ,adjust ur diet,training supp , etc....then if u have ne questions or want critique post it
    Good luck

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    pwo cardio makes me sad because its perfect time to burn fat because your depleted of glycogen and nothing left to burn but fat but you go into a catabolic state because you miss your window for Pro/Dex
    if only there was a way to get the best of both worlds!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    There is, it's called morning cardio.

~SC~

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    There is, it's called morning cardio.

~SC~
    what an epiphany ! now if only you could bottle it and sell it to the masses...

well, i don't think i can squeeze in morning cardio, however, would it be okay to just do it in the evenings i don't lift weights, the last 30 mins or so from the time of my next meal, so that i eat right after? and if so, does my postcardio meal need to be different than a postlifting meal? if so, how? thanks

i do cardio in the morining 5-6 am wait 45 mins then eat a fat/pro or pro/carb after it depending on the day its ok to do it in the evening on non-training days from experience dont do it 2-3 hrs b4 bed and since ur at nite prob a pro/fat meal would be better

and yeah postcardio should be diff then pwo
    pwo=high glycemic carbs(dextrose)+whey pro isolate 2:1 ratio
    pcardio=u shouldn't need high glycemic carbs cuz ur doing it at bout 655% of max heart

crystal method...

bro, i read that article, familiar with most of it, what i'm looking for are some exact numbers. okay, 1.5-2g pro per #lbm, fine, but if i'm only weight training say mon, tue, thurs, fri, do i need that much protein every day? also, how many carbs? i know what kinds of foods to eat, i need to know how much. on workout days, lifting or cardio, how many carbs should i aim for? is it based on total calories? tell you what, here's the last diet my nutritionist gave me several months ago, the last time i saw her...i was about 227 at 9%...

meal 1
    12 egg whites, 1 yolk
    2 packets oatmeal

meal 2
    1-1 1/2 cups brown rice
    1-2 cups veggies (green, yellow, orange)
    8-10 oz lean meat

meal 3
    shake
    60g pro
    glutamine%creatine, 5g ea
    6-8 strawberries
    half a banana

meal 4
    1 medium-size yam (about 1 1/2 cups)
    8-10 oz lean meat
    2-3 cups veggies

meal 5 (with my schedule, this was usually my postworkout meal)
    12 egg whites
    1- 1 1/2 cups brown rice

meal 6
    another shake, except with strawberries only and 30g pro
    or
    4 oz lean meat, with about 1-2 cups berries/melons

okay, she really likes eggs, and the protein powder was ProComplex (cuz she said that the mixture of diff pro absorbs better, or something to that effect)

i was taking papaya enzymes, two twice daily (to help digest all that pro)...500mg chromium pic twice daily (to help with blood sugar)...and the creatine and glutamine.

so what do you guys think? what i'm trying to figure out is, how do i modify amounts based on current statistics...i'm trying to do it on my own, without a nutrionist.

http://www.geocities.com/arelliotness/
    download the one named male/female its for males only us meauserments only
    get the number of calories and macros turn it into food and then spread it over 6-8 times a day
    dont take glutamine with protein as they will be fighting for absorbtion

sry i cant help with the meals and macros more since i really dont count calories and dont wanna give out false info

****, i don't have Xcel on this computer, is there any other format i could download? all i have is word...

Thread Information