Nutz56 is offline Banned

pro/carb pro/fat

why is it that with every time you have protein you're supposed to have some carbs or fat with it? i mean, would it be ok just to have a protein shake by itself, or just to eat some eggs by themselves? or a piece of chicken, etc.??

Jenseno9 is offline Member
    If you are on a cutting diet the reason you eat fat is so that the protein is digested slower and that the fat is used as fuel for your body

In you are on a bulking diet why would you only want to have just protein? Carbs give your muscles energy to grow.

To answer your question yes you can but it is not a very good way to do it...

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Also you need fat to lose fat... and you can't eat much of it with carbs or it goes strait into storage and not used for energy.. so you take it with protein. As said above, if bulking, why wouldn't you throw extra calories down the ol' piehole if you can?

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    yeah, i'm referring to cutting. nobody ever has just a protein shake or anything. just htought it to be strange

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutz56
    yeah, i'm referring to cutting. nobody ever has just a protein shake or anything. just htought it to be strange
    I've had just protein shakes before... its just not optimal because you need a certain amount of fat when cutting, you can't eat too much of it at one time, you shouldnt eat it with carbs so...

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    alright. that's why i was asking kuz i'm tryin to cut and i have protein shakes by themselves. and didn't know if this was just totally wrong or what. thanks man

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    You also want to provide the body with an ALTERNATE source of energy/fuel, so as to not use the protein for this.

~SC~

Thread Information