BlackStang is offline Associate Member

My Diet! Good or Bad?

Hey guys. Well before I started working out I never ate breakfast so my stomach got used to that. I am slowly trying to eat more and more to bring my appitite up. I also work full-time so sometimes it is hard to get in meals and snacks through-out the day.

7:30am 2-3 Big pieces of whole grain toast loaded with peanut butter and 3 scoops of weight gainer with milk and a multi-vitamine.

10:00am break - Sometimes I'll have a sandwich or something but usually nothing.

12:00pm lunch -2 turkey and/or chicken sandwiches. Also try to drink as much water as I can through-out the day. Probably about 1-1.5 litres and once i get home alot more then that.

3:00pm break - Another sandwiche.

5:45pm post workout - Protein, Creatine, Glutamine shake

6:00-6:30 dinner - Always varies but usually consistes of somesort of meat, bread, vegetables, etc.

There is usually some sort of snack between these two times.

10:00pm - Another 3 scoop weight gainer shake.

Anything wrong and if so what should I do to change it?

Thanks

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    MY THOUGHTS IN CAPS
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackStang
    Hey guys. Well before I started working out I never ate breakfast so my stomach got used to that. I am slowly trying to eat more and more to bring my appitite up. I also work full-time so sometimes it is hard to get in meals and snacks through-out the day.
    ARE YOU BULKING OR CUTTING
    7:30am 2-3 Big pieces of whole grain toast loaded with peanut butter and 3 scoops of weight gainer with milk and a multi-vitamine.
    DROP THE MILK AND PB. DONT MIX CARBS AND FATS. USE OATS FOR CARBS
    10:00am break - Sometimes I'll have a sandwich or something but usually nothing.
    TRY TO EAT SOMETHING, WHATS ON YOUR SANDWICH
    12:00pm lunch -2 turkey and/or chicken sandwiches. Also try to drink as much water as I can through-out the day. Probably about 1-1.5 litres and once i get home alot more then that.
    NOT BAD AS LONG AS YOUR GETTING ENOUGH PROTEIN, WHICH IS HARD TO TELL SINCE YOU DIDN'T SAY YOUR STATS
    3:00pm break - Another sandwiche.
    WHATS ON IT?
    5:45pm post workout - Protein, Creatine, Glutamine shake
    SHOULD BE WHEY AND DEXTROSE 2 TIMES AS MUCH DEX AS WHEY
    6:00-6:30 dinner - Always varies but usually consistes of somesort of meat, bread, vegetables, etc.
    OKAY AS LONG AS THE MEAT IS A LEAN CUT.
    There is usually some sort of snack between these two times.
    LIKE WHAT?
    10:00pm - Another 3 scoop weight gainer shake.

ADD SOME FLAX OIL TO THAT
    Anything wrong and if so what should I do to change it?
    READ THE BULKING OR CUTTING STICKY AND THEN REVISE IT.

Thanks

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    What is it you are trying to accomplish?

That outline is pretty bad IMHO, so I'd check the stickies atop the forum for keys on what to change, include, omit, etc.

~SC~

Am I bulking or cutting well i'm 19, about 6' and only 145lb, definatly want to bulk! this might be hard because i'm such a picky eater, ****it.

I want to start having eggs, oatmeal, pancakes, etc for breakfast asoon as i can get my appetite up.

Only the meat, lettuce, salt and pepper are on the sandwiches, again picky eater. Trying to overcome this.

The protein is whey.

Snack may consist of pizza, another sandwich, always changes on what I feel like lol.

Going to read the sticky right away.

Thanks guys

Meal 1 – Breakfast – 7:30am

Bowl of oatmeal, 2tbps of peanut butter, 3-scoop weight gainer shake/glutamine(5g) with milk, multi-vitamin.

Meal 2 – 1st Break – 10:00am

Try to force something down lol, a sandwich, I’ll have to make something up and see if I can eat it.

Meal 3 – Lunch - 12:00pm

Two chicken and/or turkey sandwiches on whole wheat bread.

Meal 4 – 2nd Break – 3:00pm

Last chicken and/or turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread.

Meal 5 – Supper – 5-5:30 pm

Supper will always vary so same as last diet, some sort of meat, bread, veggies, etc

Workout

Meal 6 - PWO Nutrition

2 scoops of whey protein (60g), 2 scoops of creatine (60g), added dextrose which will have to be 120g?

Meal 7 – Before Bed

3-scoop weight gainer/glutamine(5g) shake, 1.5tbs of flax seed oil

Only 7 meals because I think I would have a very hard time having another meal. Also I try to go to bed early around 10:00 so I get a good night rest. Also normally I would work out right at 5:00 when I get off work but after taking my PWO Nutrition I loose my appetite (I think its the creatine)which is why I would think this would be better.

Any thoughts on this diet? how often should I have cheat days? What kind of gains should I be looking for?

Thanks guys!!!
    Last edited by BlackStang; 04-20-2005 at 07:49 PM.

no comments on the new diet?

getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    Still not too good bro, take a look at the stickies atop the page and readjust accordingly. it has worked wonders for me.

Would you be able to be more specific on what is wrong?

Thanks

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Would you be able to be more specific on what is wrong?

Thanks
    yeah i dont think your reading and reasearching properly read clean bulk sticky preferably... and since im bored i will pick at your diet

ROFL i spent 15 min critiquing his diet and then.. my Internet Explorer crashed! ... NEAT maybe next i will get hit by a commet...?

Bowl of oatmeal, 2tbps of peanut butter, 3-scoop weight gainer shake/glutamine(5g) with milk, multi-vitamin.
    Check Protein Count, might want to drop the peanut butter for now.

Try to force something down lol, a sandwich, I’ll have to make something up and see if I can eat it.
    Beef Jerky w/ peanuts or almonds for fats... My Personal fav is chopped Almonds in blender(15g) put them in w/ protein shake powder which i make a mix of about 25Casein/15whey

Two chicken and/or turkey sandwiches on whole wheat bread.
    Hope there are about 2-3 oz's of meat on each sandwhich

Last chicken and/or turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread.
    Need Lotsa Meat on this sandwhich

Supper will always vary so same as last diet, some sort of meat, bread, veggies, etc

Workout

Meal 6 - PWO Nutrition

2 scoops of whey protein (60g), 2 scoops of creatine (60g), added dextrose which will have to be 120g?
    wow ditch the createine or do research on how to take it, its also mass dependent for gaining purposes. i would never buy createine that comes w/ sugar. anyways 60g Pro pwo?! thats great if you have about 220lbs of Lean Mass. but it is reccommended to take .25g'Pro per lb of lean body mass so i would suggest 35-40pro max pwo w/ 75gDex or so.

Meal 7 – Before Bed

Only 7 meals because I think I would have a very hard time having another meal. Also I try to go to bed early around 10:00 so I get a good night rest. Also normally I would work out right at 5:00 when I get off work but after taking my PWO Nutrition I loose my appetite (I think its the creatine)which is why I would think this would be better.

Any thoughts on this diet? how often should I have cheat days? What kind of gains should I be looking for?

Thanks guys!!!
    hmmm, Lotta bread ... which, if you do some research around here you will find, is a Gay Carb
    use fitday. com to figure out your macro values and try to get about 280-300g pro a day or so. and one cheat day a week will suffice GL

Originally Posted by BlackStang

Bowl of oatmeal, 3-scoop weight gainer shake/glutamine(5g) with milk, multi-vitamin.

Beef Jerky, peanuts, almonds for fats, or something of that sort.

Two 3oz. chicken and/or turkey sandwiches on whole wheat bread.

Last 3oz. chicken and/or turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread.

Workout

Meal 6 - PWO Nutrition

1.25 scoops of whey protein (40g), dextrose (80). I will leave the creatine out for now and do more research. I just took the guys word at the local shop and said take two scoops after each workout, actually thats what it says on the container to.

Meal 7 – Before Bed

Also I found some flax seed oil pills that are 1000mg each, how many should I take before bed? I was thinking two.

Thanks man, any other suggestions or should this be good?
    Last edited by BlackStang; 04-21-2005 at 05:36 PM.

anyone else? lol

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    3 scoops of weight gainer before bed is just gonna make you fat

Oh trust me man it won't lol. I've been taking the same amount of weight gainer for about 4 months now and still not gaining much, if any. I did for the first 2 months but nothing recently. Which is why I want to get my diet straight.

Thread Information