alphaman is offline Member

How"s the diet look?

Hey, I"ve been gone from AR for a good year and a half. Couldn't access my old account. My old name was alpha. I have pics posted under "gettin' there?" in members pics. Well I gained about fifty pounds since then , sad but true. This is weight i had b4 the pics. I'm one of those losers who got an injury, felt sorry for themselves and used it as an excuse to become a lazy fatbody..... again! Well here I go.. time to lose it again and keep it off this time.... I mean it!! I'm still holding some decent muscle, being the endo-meso that i am, and I'm most concerned with losing the most fat in the shortest period of time possible w/out looking like a bag of **** in the end! Here's what I'm doing:

630am- 45 min target heartrate cardio(not sure if HIIT is better for fat loss)

715am- push/pull splits concentrating on higher reps, supersets, giant sets etc. (working on caloric expenditure)

815am- 4 egg whites, 4 0z lean ham, 1/2 cup rolled oats (little sugar free jam)

11:15am- protein shake, w/ tablespoon flax

215pm- lean meat, fibirous veggies (A1 came out w/ a low carb version since I've been out of the loop!)

515pm- somewhat lean meat, veggies, maybe a salad w/ low carb dressing

815- shake, flax

Anybody try Stallone's protein pudding? I was thinking about fitting that in there. I saw Sly promoting it on Howard Stern!

Please, critique away!!!
    Last edited by alphaman; 04-08-2005 at 03:08 PM. Reason: wrong spellings

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Workouts after cardio are always sub-par, you use so much energy doing cardio that your workout will be $hitty... if at all possible, I would move the workout to later in the day.

Yeah, but I have time constraints, and at this point, I'm most concerned w/ caloric expediture, not building muscle. Once I get back down to bedrock, then I'm gonna start packin' some mass on!

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    first off cardio pre-resistance training is retarded
    if your going to skrew the pooch do it right.
    consume 1 serving of chopped oats mixed w/ 1-2 scoops whey protine 40min pre workout
    then do 45 min of resistance training on a targeted body part i.e. chest or back or something and yes you can incorp the auxilary muscles utilized in the motions like tri's or bi's. then do 20min after that. this way you utitlize your immediate energy for worthwhile lifting then you have nothing left but fat/pro for cardio fuel keep the hr around 70-75% MHR and try not to exceed 20min to keep from totally catabolizing your muscles.
    fallow w/ proper PWO shake 2:1
    and you use too many shakes throughout the day. try to use real foods to maintain proper metabolic rate and longer lasting protein in system.
    close your time between meals to 2 hrs
    consume more green vegies Especially asparagus it has high protein for a veggie
    maybe some low gi grains like barley w/ some of your pro/carb meals.
    i hope your prebed shake is caesin otherwise its not doing you much good and you should use tuna/flax

The shake is Isomatriix by NSI. Casien/whey blend. It advertises that it has EFA's in it, but then it says there's less than one gram of fat per serving on the back. 35g protein. 3g carbs. Casien is listed first in the ingredients, so I'm assuming it has more casien than whey.

Two shakes is too much? I was thinking about replacing the last one with some protein pudding or something!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaman
    Yeah, but I have time constraints, and at this point, I'm most concerned w/ caloric expediture, not building muscle. Once I get back down to bedrock, then I'm gonna start packin' some mass on!
    I realize you have time constraints, however you should worry about LOSING muscle, not building it. Remember your muscle IS your metabolism, and you make it sound like you can turn the muscle gain switch on/off whenever you desire.

It ain't that easy.

~SC~

Wouldn't it be beneficial to wait an hour after I'm done working out, before I ingest anything? I know you guys are real adamant about PWO nutriton, but I got into all this in '99 when I read body4life. It recommends waiting an hour, saying that fat would continue to burn for the hour afterward. I recently read an article that said this fat-burning is called EPOC (excess postexercise oxygen consumption). It said that your body uses extra oxygen for an hour after you work out, and that a study showed that this process is fueled by fat.

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Instone pudding = FUGGIN UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Its expensive but Holy **** is it one fine tasting cutting snack! Makes me feel like im cheating

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Wouldn't it be beneficial to wait an hour after I'm done working out, before I ingest anything? I know you guys are real adamant about PWO nutriton, but I got into all this in '99 when I read body4life. It recommends waiting an hour, saying that fat would continue to burn for the hour afterward. I recently read an article that said this fat-burning is called EPOC (excess postexercise oxygen consumption). It said that your body uses extra oxygen for an hour after you work out, and that a study showed that this process is fueled by fat.
    First off, BFL = Big F*cking Loser.

Secondly, many wait 1/2 hour or so after CARDIO to eat, NOT after weights in which you want to eat immediately.

~SC~

I knew that'd get you fired up!! Would it be better for me to lift only three days a week (push, pull, legs) and do more cardi the other days?

Swole- You've given me advice before and it's always much apprieciated. I saw that you were in MuscleMag, congrats! Are the pics anywhere on the web?

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Would it be better for me to lift only three days a week (push, pull, legs) and do more cardi the other days?
    Quite possibly.

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    Quite possibly.
    Yea, sounds ok to me as well

What would you all think would be the best cardio/lifting split if there were no time constraints? I'm talking maximum fat loss, w/out the $hitbag look in the end.

Splintercell-that was your 999th post!
    Last edited by alphaman; 04-08-2005 at 08:17 PM. Reason: additions

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    What would you all think would be the best cardio/lifting split if there were no time constraints? I'm talking maximum fat loss, w/out the $hitbag look in the end.

Splintercell-that was your 999th post!
    i do like 1 hour of cardio 70%MHR empty stomach ECA stack 6 days a week sometimes 7
    and lift 4x Chest/Tri, Back/Bi, Legs, Rest, Shoulders, rest ,rest
    cardio cardio cardio cardio cardio cardio.

eca stack? wish i could get some. Are you getting ephedrine and stacking it yourself?

do you do your lifting later in the day or right after cardio?

Thread Information