Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reelmuscle is offline Associate Member

Ok, my clean bulk diet plan!!

Hey guys..what do you think? I want to clean bulk. Currently 5'8, 170 lbs, 12%, 24 yrs old. And if you would to change something, what would it be?

Meal #1: 4 egg whites, 1 whole egg, bowl of oatmeal, multivitamin.

Meal #2: protein shake (with water- 2 scoops of Isopure protein)

Meal #3: 6 oz. Chicken breast(cooked with extra virgin olive oil) with 1/2 cup of mixed veggies, 1/2 cup of rice

Meal #4: 8 oz 90% Lean ground sirloin with 1/2 cup of rice, 1/2 cup of corn

Meal #5: Turkey Sandwich (1 piece of whole wheat, 3 slices of turkey, 1 tbs. of mayo, 2 slices of baby sliced swiss cheese, and a piece of lettuce)

Workout

Meal #6: 8 oz chicken breast (Cooked in extra virgin olive oil), 1/2 cup of rice, bowl of salad (cucumbers, olive oil, tomatoes)

Meal #7: Protein shake (same as above), 1 cup of mixed fruits, 2 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter

Meal #8: 2 cans of tuna (with water, not the veg. oil kind) w/1 tbs. of mayo, veggies

10 G of glutamine before bed

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I'd have to say check out the "How to Bulk" sample thread atop the page.

As well, your diet will differ on days you train/don't train, so you will have to have 2 different approaches.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

As well, your diet will differ on days you train/don't train, so you will have to have 2 different approaches.

~SC~
    So I take it as the above diet is not good enough?? Can you elaborate on what it is that is missing and maybe I can add/change it?? Thanks

~SC~
    Also, the diet that I posted seems pretty similar to what you are refering to.

Again, if you can pinpoint what is missing I can alter that specific diet to make it a "good" diet. Thanks

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    why do you take in a protein shake by its self .. food is better unless its pwo

plus u eating CORN?!
    and do you know what your macro values are?
    and what they should be?

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    - Not enough protein in first meal.
    - How much protein in 2nd meal? You need a carb or fat in addition to protein. Make this a pro/fat meal.
    - Drop the corn, higher in sugar. Use fibrous greens instead.
    - Meal 5 you're mixing carbs and fats (cheese, mayo = fat; bread = carbs)
    - Meal 7 you're mixing sugar (fruits) with fat (Natty PB)...
    - Overall, you need to seperate your carbs & fats, and eat more of each (such as your rice amounts, increase to 1-1.5cups ea. serving IMO; and don't include fats with your carb meals, and ingest fat w/ Meal 2 etc)...
    - Where's your PWO nutrition?

Good to start?

sepereating carbs/fats isnt mandatory especially for bulking but eating low/nosugar and low gi foods is
    mayo seems to be his only real fat besides 1 yolk as far as i see..
    needs more EFAs badly like salmon/almonds/flax

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    sepereating carbs/fats isnt mandatory especially for bulking but eating low/nosugar and low gi foods is
    If he plans to "clean bulk" as he said, I'd highly suggest it!

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    If he plans to "clean bulk" as he said, I'd highly suggest it!
    just out of curiosity is seperation of carbs/fats still mostly theory? or is there studys backing it?
    i have read that consuming fats inconjuction w/ carbs will lower the overall GI of the carbs thus reducing chance for fat storage in first place.
    just woundering

just out of curiosity is seperation of carbs/fats still mostly theory? or is there studys backing it?
    i have read that consuming fats inconjuction w/ carbs will lower the overall GI of the carbs thus reducing chance for fat storage in first place.
    just woundering
    Basically, eating carbs will raise your insulin levels, which will increase your propensity to store fat. That would be from what I've read, been told, and have practiced. Sorry, have no studies on hand.

Basically, eating carbs will raise your insulin levels, which will increase your propensity to store fat. That would be from what I've read, been told, and have practiced. Sorry, have no studies on hand.
    see yeah i grasp that concept but if you take in consideration that consuming fats inconjunction w/ pro/carb it will help to lower bloodsugar levels which is good thing. just so many different ways to go about it. ima go back to just eating chick/chana dal/asparagus. and call it a day

- Not enough protein in first meal.
    - How much protein in 2nd meal? You need a carb or fat in addition to protein. Make this a pro/fat meal.
    - Drop the corn, higher in sugar. Use fibrous greens instead.
    - Meal 5 you're mixing carbs and fats (cheese, mayo = fat; bread = carbs)
    - Meal 7 you're mixing sugar (fruits) with fat (Natty PB)...
    - Overall, you need to seperate your carbs & fats, and eat more of each (such as your rice amounts, increase to 1-1.5cups ea. serving IMO; and don't include fats with your carb meals, and ingest fat w/ Meal 2 etc)...
    - Where's your PWO nutrition?

Good to start?
    -Ok, so I will add another egg, so 8 more grams.
    -2nd meal i am getting in 53 grams of protein, I am using Mocha flavoring with the protein shake that i bought at Powerhouse.
    - Ok, will drop the corn and substitute fibrous greens. Is brocolli considered a "Fibrous green"?
    -For meal 5, so you recommend to drop the mayo or the cheese?
    -For meal 7, what should i drop? and where should i re-add this in my diet??

Thanks..i am determined to get this diet down pat so i can start it

see yeah i grasp that concept but if you take in consideration that consuming fats inconjunction w/ pro/carb it will help to lower bloodsugar levels which is good thing. just so many different ways to go about it. ima go back to just eating chick/chana dal/asparagus. and call it a day
    You have to realize that not all fats will "for sure" lower insulin /blood sugar levels to null/void, and it is also dependent upon WHAT the actual carb is, the person's insulin response (genetic), blood sugar levels (genetic), propensity to store fat (genetic), etc.

So, basically to be "safe" and pretty d*mn sterling for results you "know" will show, it's a very good practice to well, practice!

~SC~

IN CAPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelmuscle
    DROP THE WHOLE EGG, AND ADD 4 WHITES, FOR 8 TOTAL.

-2nd meal i am getting in 53 grams of protein, I am using Mocha flavoring with the protein shake that i bought at Powerhouse.
    ADD FAT HERE (FLAX/ALMONDS, ETC)

- Ok, will drop the corn and substitute fibrous greens. Is brocolli considered a "Fibrous green"?
    YES, AS IS CAULIFLOWER, BRUS. SPROUTS, ETC.

I'D DROP BOTH, AND USE MUSTARD INSTEAD.

DROP THE FRUIT ALTOGETHER IMO.

AGAIN, WHERE IS YOUR PWO NUTRITION?

You have to realize that not all fats will "for sure" lower insulin /blood sugar levels to null/void, and it is also dependent upon WHAT the actual carb is, the person's insulin response (genetic), blood sugar levels (genetic), propensity to store fat (genetic), etc.

So, basically to be "safe" and pretty d*mn sterling for results you "know" will show, it's a very good practice to well, practice!

~SC~
    umm... the last part got me its like im talking to a nutritional saluu
    "it's a very good practice to well, practice!"

go read entier cutting sticky and atleast skim over the other 4 stickys as well. this is mandatory for nutritional success?

go read entier cutting sticky and atleast skim over the other 4 stickys as well. this is mandatory for nutritional success?

He's lean bulking, just FYI.

Ok, so here is what you are saying....

Meal #1: 8 egg whites, bowl of oatmeal, multivitamin.

Meal #2: protein shake (with water- 2 scoops of Isopure protein), flaxseed oil

Meal #3: 6 oz. Chicken breast(cooked with extra virgin olive oil) with 1/2 cup of rice

Meal #4: 8 oz 90% Lean ground sirloin with 1/2 cup of rice, 1/2 cup of cauliflower

Meal #5: Turkey Sandwich (1 piece of whole wheat, 3 slices of turkey, 2 slices of baby sliced swiss cheese, and a piece of lettuce) ..I CANT STAND MUSTARD!!

Workout...than immediatly a protein shake

Meal #6: 8 oz chicken breast (Cooked in extra virgin olive oil), 1/2 cup of rice, bowl of salad (cucumbers, olive oil, tomatoes)

Meal #7: Protein shake (same as above), 2 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter

Meal #8: 2 cans of tuna (with water, not the veg. oil kind) w/1 tbs. of mayo, veggies

How is that??

He's lean bulking, just FYI.
    Correct..I am not leaning down totally..just want to lean bulk.

Here are some pics..
    Last edited by Reelmuscle; 08-02-2012 at 11:15 AM.

real food would be better here if possible.

Meal #3: 6 oz. Chicken breast(cooked with extra virgin olive oil) with 1/2 cup of rice

Meal #4: 8 oz 90% Lean ground sirloin with 1/2 cup of rice, 1/2 cup of cauliflower

Meal #5: Turkey Sandwich (1 piece of whole wheat, 3 slices of turkey, 2 slices of baby sliced swiss cheese, and a piece of lettuce) ..I CANT STAND MUSTARD!! add more turkey ditch the bread

Workout...than immediatly a protein shake use a whey to dextrose ratio 1:2 i.e. 40g Protein 80g Dextrose

once again read food would be better

Meal #8: 2 cans of tuna (with water, not the veg. oil kind) w/1 tbs. of mayo, veggies might want to count protein on this if thats like 80g pro that is a lil excessive i wouldnt do more than 50 for your stature

How is that??
    in bold.

In Blue.

How much oatmeal? 1 cup would be good.

2tblsp of Flax.

1-1.5 cups would be better IMO.

Meal #5: Turkey Sandwich (1 piece of whole wheat, 3 slices of turkey, 2 slices of baby sliced swiss cheese, and a piece of lettuce) ..I CANT STAND MUSTARD!!
    I would make this a pro/fat meal if I were you. But, if you must eat a little bread, I would still ditch the cheese. Cheese = fat, you want to seperate the two in order to stay lean as you said above. JMO.

2 cans of tuna w/ full fat mayo would be better IMO.

Workout...than immediatly a protein shake

How much protein? No high GI carbs?
    You should ingest a 2:1 ratio of Dextrose to Whey protein. 80-90g of Dextrose and 45g of whey would be good. Dextrose is available at bulk foods stores, breweries, and www.kentnutrition.com

Meal #6: 8 oz chicken breast (Cooked in extra virgin olive oil), 1/2 cup of rice, bowl of salad (cucumbers, olive oil, tomatoes).

How is that??
    Starting to look better.

HA you take both our critiques and bam you got it!

In Blue.

Starting to look better.
    Ok, here we go..but before I do..i want to THANK YOU (Taiboxa and Blown) for helping me...You dont understand how hard i have tried to get my diet down and none responds and noone helps. You guys are top calss. Ok, so this is what we got now...

Meal #1: 8 egg whites, 1 bowl of oatmeal, multivitamin.

Meal #2: protein shake (with water- 2 scoops of Isopure protein), 2 tbs. of flaxseed oil

Meal #3: 6 oz. Chicken breast(cooked with extra virgin olive oil) with 1-1.5 cups of rice

Meal #5: 2 cans of tuna with 2 tbs. spoon of full fat mayo

Workout

PWO: 2 scoops of Isopure Protein with water (50 g of protein), 100 G of Dextrose

Meal #8: 2 cans of tuna (with water, not the veg. oil kind) w/ 2 tbs. of mayo, veggies

10g of Glutamine before bed

What do you think?
    Last edited by Reelmuscle; 04-09-2005 at 02:18 PM.

Looks a helluva lot better now. I'd use 1.5-2tbslp of mayo with your tuna myself.

Give that a try, and based on your results, adjust accordingly!

Good luck!

ok good now plug that crap in at www.fitday.com and find out how much your taking in and the overall values.

Looks a helluva lot better now. I'd use 1.5-2tbslp of mayo with your tuna myself.

Give that a try, and based on your results, adjust accordingly!

Good luck!

Done, edited the above to what you said

From the Bulking Sticky:

First things first:
    There are many reasons that bulking diets fail but here are a few of the most common reasons:
    1) Calories are not high enough and putting on muscle mass fails
    2) Calories are too high and macros percentages are not in check. This in turn leads to putting on sloppy weight (fat) as well as muscle.
    3) You are BULKING, not CHEATING. Cheat days will be factored in, but your food choices should still be healthy. All diets, whether cutting or buking, need to be monitored. This means that watching your insulin spikes and TYPE of carb intake is still important.
    4) You are what you eat. It’s just that simple. To simplify, you eat crap and you will look like crap.

That being said let’s talk calories and figuring out daily needs

Harris Benedict Formula for Calorie Calculations
    “The Harris Benedict equation is a calorie formula using the variables of height, weight, age, and gender to calculate basal metabolic rate (BMR). This is more accurate than calculating calorie needs based on total body weight alone. The only factor it omits is lean body mass and thus the ratio of muscle-to-fat a body has. Remember, leaner bodies need more calories than less leaner ones. Therefore, this equation will be very accurate in all but the very muscular (Harris-Benedict will under-estimate calorie needs) and the very fat (Harris-Benedict will over-estimate calorie needs).”

That being said, there are is no concrete number of daily calorie intake your body needs, however using this formula will give you can idea of what you do need.

Harris Benedict Formula for Men
    BMR = 66 + (13.7 X weight in kilos) + (5 X height in cm) - (6.8 X age in years)

Notes:
    1 inch = 2.54 cm.
    1 kilogram = 2.2 lbs.

Example of BMR
    You are 25 years old
    You are 6 feet tall
    Your weight is 220 pounds
    Your BMR is 66 + (1370) + (914) - (170) = 2180 calories

Harris Benedict Formula for Men - STEP 2
    To determine your total daily calorie needs, now multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor, as follows:

If you are Sedentary - little or no exercise
    Calorie-Calculation = BMR X 1.2
    - If you are Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week)
    Calorie-Calculation = BMR X 1.375
    - If you are Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week)
    Calorie-Calculation = BMR X 1.55
    - If you are Very Active = BMR X 1.725 (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/week)
    Calorie-Calculation = BMR X 1.725
    - If you are Extra Active (very hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training)
    Calorie-Calculation = BMR X 1.9

Total Calorie Needs Example
    If you are lightly active, multiply your BMR (2180) by 1.375 = 2997
    Your total daily calorie requirement is therefore 2997 calories.
    This is the total number of calories you need in order to MAINTAIN your current weight.

If you want to gain body weight, you must consume more calories than you burn. One pound of body weight is roughly equivalent to 3500 calories, so eating an extra 500 calories per day will cause you to gain one pound a week. Etc….

We have included an excel document created by Elliot @ AR that will calculate your calorie needs for you, using the Harris Benedict formula.

Elliot's Harris Benedict Calculator for Males:
    http://www.geocities.com/arelliotness/
    Download the document named: harris-elliot.xls

ok good now plug that crap in at www.fitday.com and find out how much your taking in and the overall values.
    Will do.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH GUYS..I can not thank you enough for your help. The only two that actually helped. Now I can start this diet tomorrow.

Will do.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH GUYS..I can not thank you enough for your help. The only two that actually helped. Now I can start this diet tomorrow.
    What does your non-training day diet look like? That's just as important.

yay more posts! lol

Well, the only thing i can think of to drop on my non work out days is the dextrose..right? Or is there anything else?

The only two that actually helped.
    Question:

You didn't purposely say this in a roundabout manner so as to imply that no one else helped/contributed/etc?

Realize that those who help here cannot see EVERY thread at the same time, and may get caught up at other places answering questions/posting/etc. You received free help, and that is something that is invaluable in this day age, no one is obliged to have to "give" this type of thing to you. Your issues were solved in "X" amount of time, but it took "Y" amount of time for more people to view this thread where they would have given input. Some people also just have sh*t to do.

Again, this is stated in case you meant your phrase above in a negative manner.

~SC~

yay more posts! lol
    Caught ya!

~SC~

Question:

You didn't purposely say this in a roundabout manner so as to imply that no one else helped/contributed/etc?

Realize that those who help here cannot see EVERY thread at the same time, and may get caught up at other places answering questions/posting/etc. You received free help, and that is something that is invaluable in this day age, no one is obliged to have to "give" this type of thing to you. Your issues were solved in "X" amount of time, but it took "Y" amount of time for more people to view this thread where they would have given input. Some people also just have sh*t to do.

~SC~
    Swole..The reason I said that is because they were in fact the 2 that gave me direct help. I thank you for all of your contribution also and anyone else.

Caught ya!

~SC~
    Go do your squats foo.

Question:

~SC~
    ROFL i saw where you were helping
    gogo lounge more k?
    bdtr is waiting for you for some ? nutritional help like waffles!

LMAO........... just keeping my post count up ........

Thanks to all..Including SwoleCat and the rest..

I will keep you guys updated on my progress and post pics soon. Thank you!!

All good bro, just wanted you to know that there are LOTS of people here to help, but we all may not make it in time.

~SC~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information