Allimony is offline New Member

Some essential diet questions so I can post my diet today!

Hey folks, been doing a good bit of reading here and I think I may have gotten enough info to throw my first diet together. Some quick questions though. As a 6'4 230lb guy with 8-10% BF I figure I should strive for 300g protein or more per day, maybe 150-160g carbs, and like 20-30g fat. Does all of that sound about right as a basis? Also what the heck is dextrose and what is it's purpose? If you guys could reccomend some threads to read to give me the best info on cutting I'd appreciate it. I've read the "How to cut" thread by rambo but I'm not sure i'm getting all the right info. If y'all say I'm on the right track I'd like to post my diet I've come up with for cutting. I'd really appreciate it because I'm really anxious to start cutting. thanks!

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Read the cutting sticky in my sig..... there is no set ammount of calories or macros for everyone your size, it is a case by case thing.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    And dextrose is a fast acting high GI carb (sugar) - you use it to replenish glygocen stores after your workout.
    PWO shake - dex with whey in a 2:1 ratio - very important!

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Allimony
    Hey folks, been doing a good bit of reading here and I think I may have gotten enough info to throw my first diet together. Some quick questions though. As a 6'4 230lb guy with 8-10% BF I figure I should strive for 300g protein or more per day, maybe 150-160g carbs, and like 20-30g fat. Does all of that sound about right as a basis? Also what the heck is dextrose and what is it's purpose? If you guys could reccomend some threads to read to give me the best info on cutting I'd appreciate it. I've read the "How to cut" thread by rambo but I'm not sure i'm getting all the right info. If y'all say I'm on the right track I'd like to post my diet I've come up with for cutting. I'd really appreciate it because I'm really anxious to start cutting. thanks!
    You are 8% bf and you want to cut? Its amazing that you can get that without watching your diet, but I guess that youth is on your side. What are your goals? Are you planning to compete?

Allimony is offline New Member
    No I don't want to compete, I just want to do this for myself. I do seem to have good genetics for building muscle and I loved sports for a long time. Okay so the dex goes in the shakes. Least I understand that now Thanks for the info you guys. I'll go back to some lurking and learning!

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Allimony
    No I don't want to compete, I just want to do this for myself. I do seem to have good genetics for building muscle and I loved sports for a long time. Okay so the dex goes in the shakes. Least I understand that now Thanks for the info you guys. I'll go back to some lurking and learning!
    Dex is for Post Workout only bro... within 15mins or so...

Any other time is pointless.

Thread Information