Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

My semi vegitarian experiment

This is more like something I am forced to do since I cant afford to properly diet right now. So Im gonna experiment a bit.

The next 3 weeks Im gonna eat mostly vegitarian stuff and eggs. I cant afford protein powder and I cant afford to eat to much meat so the meat I use will be just for the flavor. My main protein source will be soy beans, eggs and nuts and the little meat Im going to eat(maby 200-400 grams/day).

Im gonna drop my tuna shakes for a while so I can do this experiment properly(maby just 1-2 a day). Im not gonna count the broccoli, peas, cucumber, spinach and green cabbage into my macros but Im gonna eat a ****load of them(not to much peas though). Im also gonna consume very large ammounts of psyllium, flax and sesame seeds.

My breakfast will be a probiotic soured milk(I think its called that)and oatmeal.

Beacause of the soybeans many of my meals will combine fat and carbs but Im hoping the super low gi of the beans will make it possible without me gaining fat. The veggies and seeds will lower it even more. Protein will be lower then usual, fat will be higher and carbs will be a bit higher, kcal will be lower.

Today will look like this:

Breakfast
    Tuna shake with flaxoil
    37g protein 10g fat

pwo shake
    70g malto(wont even have protein aviable after workouts unfortunaly)
    70g carbs

ppwo meal
    100g chicken
    ****loads of veggies
    soured milk 200g
    30g oatmeal
    lots of seeds
    5g fat, 30g carbs, 30g protein

meal 4
    100g lean pork
    70g soybeans
    ****load of veggies
    lots of seeds
    15g fat, 13g carbs, 46g protein

meal 5
    5 egg whites
    70g soybeans
    lots of veggies
    lots of seeds
    15g fat, 13g carbs, 42g protein

meal 6
    tuna shake
    37g protein

meal 7
    70g soybeans
    13g fat, 13g carbs 24g protein

Daily Totaly
    60g fat, 133g carbs, 215 g protein, 1920kcal

Since soybeans contain lots of good fats I have cut down on flax a bit, almost every gram of fat I get is good fat. On days I dont workout I will eat more fat mostly from nuts.

Anyway its gonna be fun to se whats gonna happen. I dont except any good results physique wise realy, but I think its a healthy diet atleast. Cant wait until I get more cash so I can begin to eat properly again. But I have made the decision to permanetly cut down on meat. No more 2+ ibs of meat every day cause it makes me "feel" unhealthy.

Gonna keep you guys uppdated on what happens No need to pic the diet apart because I already know its horrible for cutting
    Last edited by Kärnfysikern; 04-11-2005 at 09:32 AM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    That much soy??

Blech!!!!!

I'd stick to tuna brutha.

~SC~

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Meat is king!

Really, no harm in utilizing lean chicken breast, turkey burgers from Costco, tuna, white fish, salmon. None of that should make you feel "un-healthy", as they are all very good for you.

(If you are avoiding red meat)

Beats the f*ck outta soybeans I can tell you THAT!!

~SC~

I might if I find some cheap tuna that is eatable lol. The chunky **** I use in my shakes are filthy tasting and the shakes dont fill me upp at all

Btw how important is protein imidietly post workout? Is it possible to manage without whey and carbs alone?

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Meat is king!

Really, no harm in utilizing lean chicken breast, turkey burgers from Costco, tuna, white fish, salmon. None of that should make you feel "un-healthy", as they are all very good for you.

(If you are avoiding red meat)

Beats the f*ck outta soybeans I can tell you THAT!!

~SC~
    Yeah chicken breats and salmon rocks. Fish I will include lots of when I have the economy again to back it upp. I love salmon yumyum. Its when I eat the heavy ammounts of fatty red meat that I feel bloated, that my stomach doesnt work properly and I have to spend half and hour on the toilet when taking a crap.

ohh wait **** just remembered I have 11 ibs of salmon in the freezer just waiting to get prepared gonna throw that in the oven asap. That will replace some soy meals this week.

alphaman is offline Member
    There are cuts of red meat that are lean. anything w/ the word top in it. (top round, top sirloin etc.) and those cuts are cheap too.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Btw how important is protein imidietly post workout? Is it possible to manage without whey and carbs alone?
    Protein is what makes muscles grow and post workout is the best time to feed them. The reason for taking dextrose PWO is to spike your insullin, which will shuttle protein to your muscles. Without protein, I think the dextrose is kind of pointless.

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Who was the user who kept saying...Eat meat, not wheat!

jsut want to give a uppdate on "general feeling". I have been eating like this now for a bit more then 2,5 weeks I guess. These are the positive effects I have noticed

My stomach feels like a million bucks. No acid reflux or anything of that kind
    My skinn has become very smooth(no ****)
    My mental wellbeeing has improved
    I generaly feel that I have more energy
    My joints feels like a million bucks even knees
    I dont have much cravings and I am never hungry

But it depends on me always beeing lasy about eating veggies before. Never realised the importance.

cjp85 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    jsut want to give a uppdate on "general feeling". I have been eating like this now for a bit more then 2,5 weeks I guess. These are the positive effects I have noticed

My stomach feels like a million bucks. No acid reflux or anything of that kind
    My skinn has become very smooth(no ****)
    My mental wellbeeing has improved
    I generaly feel that I have more energy
    My joints feels like a million bucks even knees
    I dont have much cravings and I am never hungry

But it depends on me always beeing lasy about eating veggies before. Never realised the importance.
    I've cut twice with a strict low-cal diet, but this time I'm trying a low-carb diet just to see how it works. I have noticed a lot of the same things you're describing as well. I'm never hungry anymore, and I used to be able to eat 5-6 burgers in a sitting. I never have that bloated feeling or acid reflux, my skin has improved, and my joints feel great too.

So is money the only reason you're going vegetarian? Sound like it would be scary without the eggs.

Im not going vegitarian. I will eat meat, eggs and stuff like that. Il just cut down on meat a bit and not eat the insane ammounts I used to eat. But yes money is the primary reason. I have calculated that I can get away ALOT cheaper by eating like this. The big factor will be how will it effect my gains. Gonna need to try it for a extended period to se how it works.

also I could get away cheap with white fish like cod. But I hate the taste of it so bad that I want to puke just preparing it Not something I could eat daily for long periods of time thats for sure.

rest day eating

breakfast
    oatmeal
    soured milk
    whey protein(finaly got cash to buy it)
    2g fat, 35g carbs, 44g protein

meal 2:
    veggies
    chicken
    1 whole egg
    4 eggwhites

meal 3:
    whey protein
    flax oil
    10g fat, 28g protein

meal 4:
    veggies
    lean pork
    2g fat, 22g protein

meal 5:
    lean pork
    soybeans
    veggies
    15g fat, 13g carbs, 46g protein

meal 6:
    whey protein
    mixed nuts
    30g fat, 44g protein

Daily totals 76g fat, 56g carbs, 224g protein. 1800kcal

Decent protein intake and still only 300grams of during the entire day not much soy either just 70grams.

Another uppdate. My bodyweight is 200(was around 208 before I started the other diet). I havent lost that much weight but I am gaining strenght while losing fat.
    Last week I did a 130kg(292ibs) 1rm in close grip bench and that is by far a personal record for me. I am also seeing the upper 2 abs for the first time in my life(they arent clearly defined or anything but I can se them and it feels GREAT). My arms have more veins then they have ever had. Cravings are not as bad as they usualy are.
    Joints still feel better then they have in years. Damn I was stupid for not eating lots of veggies before.

I am eating more meat and less soy now. But soy is and will probably stay as a part of my diet. More protein shakes to. But daily protein intake is only around 200-220. Doesnt seem like I need more then that. Kcal around 1700-1800(not counting veggies, the peas I eat probably has 100 kcal more or so not counted).

Next thing Im gonna do is start to use mct oil(preferably from unrefined coconut oil if I can find it)for 50% of my fat consumption and the rest from flax/oliv oil mix. Im hoping to have all abs defined and visible sometime in july. Just taking it slow now. I want to get down to 80kg(180ibs) while increasing my deadlift to 240kg(540ibs) so that I tripple my bodyweight in the deadlift. Dont know if that will be possible but maby.
    Last edited by Kärnfysikern; 05-03-2005 at 08:11 AM.

Thread Information