maxmuscle187 is offline Senior Member

Exclamation Training/ Non Training

What would be the main differences between your diet (maintenance diet) on training days and non training days? Would there be differences in bulking, cutting diets as well?

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    keep protein%,carb%,and fat% the same as a workout day because off days are when you grow! just dont keep your dextrose or PWO high GI carb just replace it the #of carbs with yams or oats

maxmuscle187 is offline Senior Member
    ok i get it, thanks

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i personally up my EFA's and down my carbs but thats because i dont get the big GI load of PWO-Dextrose/ppwo so my fat% goes up and carb% goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    i personally up my EFA's and down my carbs but thats because i dont get the big GI load of PWO-Dextrose/ppwo so my fat% goes up and carb% goes down.
    also another good suggestion worth trying!

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD
    also another good suggestion worth trying!
    but carbs are used as a primary immediate energy source if your not going to be busting it in the gym then i favor more EFA's and less carbs and lowest possible GI i.e. more veggies inplace of brown rice which is HIGH GI
    i found that having more PRO/Fat meals on off day help to maintain lipolysis and keep me lean while still providing ample caloric intake to keep muscles happy!
    especially if you start the day off w/ Morning-60%MHR cardio for an hour put on LEAN mass is my favorite mass

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    but carbs are used as a primary immediate energy source if your not going to be busting it in the gym then i favor more EFA's and less carbs and lowest possible GI i.e. more veggies inplace of brown rice which is HIGH GI
    i found that having more PRO/Fat meals on off day help to maintain lipolysis and keep me lean while still providing ample caloric intake to keep muscles happy!
    especially if you start the day off w/ Morning-60%MHR cardio for an hour put on LEAN mass is my favorite mass
    when on a very clean bulk what do you suggest for the off days? same thing??

Thread Information