AP3
    AP3 is offline New Member

What Do I Need To Do

Hey Guys, I am 19, about 5'6"/5'7" (on a good day) and I am guessing about 12% body fat. I am able to eat whatever I want as I have a very high metabolism. I weigh abiout 135 at most. I try to lift consistently but I lose dedication and motivation. I want to get bigger and be decently cut. I dont want to look huge or anything but I want good size. I am not really sure what I specifically need to do as I have never really made huge gains that were visable. I am a pretty skinny guy. Most important out of anything is I want the 6 pack and incredible abs. I guess my goal would be about 6% body fat with great abs, chest and traps and everything else proportional. If I can get any help with diet and such in addition to work out plans that be great. Thanks

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Many stickies atop the forum that are good reads to get you started on a plan.

~SC~

AP3
    AP3 is offline New Member
    I have read the stickies, however i still confused as to whether I should bulk then cut, or if I should try to gain lean muscle. Additionally, a specific diet and workout would be great help. THanks

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Figure out your goals and then we can help you. When I started I followed the stickies exactly until I really got the idea of what to eat to get certain results. Its really not hard you just have to try different approaches to see what works. Just keep in mind don't mix fats and carbs in the same meal and always have a source of protein with every meal. That is the basics.

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    By the sounds of it you want to get bigger and look cut, so you should start bulking then when your comfortable with your size or feel you have put on too much fat start cutting....its a viscious cycle!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    CAPS.............

Quote Originally Posted by AP3
    I have read the stickies, however i still confused as to whether I should bulk then cut, or if I should try to gain lean muscle.
    THIS IS A PERSONAL PREFERENCE, YOU HAVE TO DECIDE WHAT YOUR IMMEDIATE GOALS ARE AND GO FOR THOSE. DON'T TRY TO DO BOTH (CUT/BULK) AT THE SAME TIME, GATHER A FOCUS AND CONTRUCT A PLAN.

Quote Originally Posted by AP3
    Additionally, a specific diet and workout would be great help. THanks
    I BET IT WOULD, YOU WANT FRIES W/THAT TOO?

REALLY, YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO DO THE FOOTWORK AS ALL OF THE TOOLS ARE HERE. YOU CAN ALSO HIRE A TRAINER/NUTRITIONIST AS MANY DO IF YOU WANT PROFESSIONAL HELP. IT'S NOT REALISTIC TO ASK PEOPLE TO CONSTRUCT AN ENTIRE DIETARY AND WORKOUT APPROACH FOR YOU HERE.

~SC~

cjp85 is offline Member
    Swole summed it up for ya pretty well. I noticed in your post you said you don't want to be huge. Being an ectomorph with a high metabolism, thats just not going to happen. Never tell yourself that it's ok to slack off because your not trying to accomplish the extreme. It would take years of intense training and dieting on top of drugs to be considered huge. If i were you, I would browse the diet forums and read a couple books on nutrition to get the basics down, while training to put on as much muscle as possible. Most people who are mass monsters got that way by taking anabolics or were just made that way, lifting hard and dieting right wont make you look stupid huge, so try your best to put on some good mass and I think you'll be alright.

Thread Information