Thread: Cheat meals

go4gold is offline Member

Cheat meals

Know i know that a cheat day is a no no, why would anyone want to risk progress from a planned diet. My question is related to a cheat meal, I am getting sick of like eatting eggs in the morn everday, would the occasional bowl of cereal of cream of wheat meal hurt. I wouldn't mind doing this once a week. I know that carbs are not part of the plan in the morn, but would this actually be enough to keep my body out of homeostasis and keep my metabolism working effeciant. But if it will interupt progress, let me know, won't risk it then, i am just so concern with getting good results, but don't want to drive myself crazy. ya know

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    I think this site has established that one cheat meal a week is just fine and I always start the day with carbs. I don't know where you got the info that carbs are not part of the plan in the morning.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Taboot, why is a cheat day a no no??

You obviously don't know me, .

~SC~

go4gold is offline Member
    Me its just a personal thing, but i don'r want carbs other then before and after late workout. it is very minimual throughout out the day other wise for me. and as far the the cheat day thing swole, i just think you shouldn't have a day of cheating when on a cutting diet, bulking i think it is ok. A cheat day sounds wrong to me when it comes to cutting. but im still learning.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    True, some can get away w/an entire day, some with only one meal.

That I do agree w/you on, so finding what works for you as an individual is the best you can do.

~SC~

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    THe way i look at it is, that cheat meals are mainly for keeping you sane while on a strict cutting diet for long periods of time, but I dont think they are a complete necessity for progress. I dont think cheating is necessary until you get into the real low BF %'s, like signle digits, and it is getting hard for you to get any lower. If this is the case, i feel cheating is essential and a whole cheat day may even be necessary to continue losing fat. At least from my experience. It gives me more motiviation to get extremely lean too b/c then i can give my self a whole cheat day

Thread Information