Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    bigdogc is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    277

    trouble getting fats

    hey dudes, or as some of you go by, "bros";

    im having great success with getting clean carbs, and definently getting clean protein. only problem is i cant find that many fats that are good. I got my fishoil and flax seed which are good, but i hate the taste so i have before bed on last meal. Other fats i have are natural peanut butter and peanuts (outa shell unsalted). Ive tried brocolli and cottage cheese but i strongly dislike the taste. im thinking almonds but im not really sure, what else is good out there that i havnt mentioned?

  2. #2
    SHRED's Avatar
    SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    CT *Formerly Buff_Daddy*
    Posts
    1,209
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdogc
    hey dudes, or as some of you go by, "bros";

    im having great success with getting clean carbs, and definently getting clean protein. only problem is i cant find that many fats that are good. I got my fishoil and flax seed which are good, but i hate the taste so i have before bed on last meal. Other fats i have are natural peanut butter and peanuts (outa shell unsalted). Ive tried brocolli and cottage cheese but i strongly dislike the taste. im thinking almonds but im not really sure, what else is good out there that i havnt mentioned?
    i like almond butter along with almonds, flax oil, natural pb, etc...

  3. #3
    arnoldwannab's Avatar
    arnoldwannab is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Pitt
    Posts
    482
    Olive oil

  4. #4
    Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,917
    Almonds, salmon, Olive oil, flax oil, Udo's oil,

    Just man up, and down your flax oil, you only taste it for a second...

  5. #5
    arnoldwannab's Avatar
    arnoldwannab is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Pitt
    Posts
    482
    I usually hold my nose, throw back my head and keep gulping until all gone

  6. #6
    SplinterCell's Avatar
    SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,929
    Flax fo shure

  7. #7
    taiboxa's Avatar
    taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    lol im not telling :D
    Posts
    29,207
    i put flax on my tuna makes tuna go down easier for my prebedtime meal

  8. #8
    sansone is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    i put flax on my tuna makes tuna go down easier for my prebedtime meal
    Flax oil tastes like crap.

    Skip the oil and eat the raw seeds. It's 100% better in taste and results. The seeds can be be eaten raw and chewed or ground up in a coffee grinder and sprinkled on cereal, salad, etc.

  9. #9
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Flax oil, Omega blends, peanuts, almonds, avacado, eggs.

    ~SC~

  10. #10
    *Narkissos*'s Avatar
    *Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    16,357
    um...
    mayo?

  11. #11
    bad_man's Avatar
    bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    What's a rusty trombone?
    Posts
    2,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    um...
    mayo?
    You stole my answer. If there's nothing else, I'll throw some mayo on whatever meat I'm eating.

  12. #12
    lzicc's Avatar
    lzicc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Gym
    Posts
    1,174
    What is the difference between flax oil verses the seeds? Are you missing anything with either or?

    Quote Originally Posted by sansone
    Flax oil tastes like crap.

    Skip the oil and eat the raw seeds. It's 100% better in taste and results. The seeds can be be eaten raw and chewed or ground up in a coffee grinder and sprinkled on cereal, salad, etc.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •