zoso428 is offline Associate Member

my diet ..any feedback greatly appreciated

i bought calipersand did my body fat percentage and im 20 i was taken by shock i have been lifting for 3 years aggresively never really had a strict diet though orstrict cardio... i am 190 lbs 5"11....i was in a wheelchair for a while about 4 years ago which put a lot of fat on me and my leg never recovered so my cardio is limited to the bike or eliptical ....treadmill or running is painful and cna do damage.....i started doing 40 min of cardio int eh morning and 10 in the afternoon before my life my planned diet afte rmuch experimenting is
    Meal 1 5 Egg whites and 1/2 cup of oats
    Meal 2 shake
    Meal 3 4 oz chicken 1 cup of spinach cooked
    Meal 4 PWO 4 oz chicken 1 cup of oats
    Meal 5 1 cup of spinach 4 oz of chicken 1/2 cup of oats
    Meal 6 shake
    substitte maybe differnet vegetbalesand ossibly brown rice or wholewheat pasta for hte oats every now and then....
    ne feedback would be gratly appreciated ....please dont laugh if its all wrong i tried to understand the how to cut thread the best I coudl.....

btw the calculattosin for carb protein and fat are carbs 92 protein 216 fat 42.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoso428
    i bought calipersand did my body fat percentage and im 20 i was taken by shock i have been lifting for 3 years aggresively never really had a strict diet though orstrict cardio... i am 190 lbs 5"11....i was in a wheelchair for a while about 4 years ago which put a lot of fat on me and my leg never recovered so my cardio is limited to the bike or eliptical ....treadmill or running is painful and cna do damage.....i started doing 40 min of cardio int eh morning and 10 in the afternoon before my life my planned diet afte rmuch experimenting is
    Meal 1 5 Egg whites and 1/2 cup of oats
    Keep this meal at least 45 minutes after your cardio.

Meal 2 shake
    Add some fat here, such as flax.

Meal 3 4 oz chicken 1 cup of spinach cooked
    Add some fat.

Meal 4 PWO 4 oz chicken 1 cup of oats
    You want a fast acting carb source as well as protein, such as 40g whey mixed with 80g dextrose.

Meal 5 1 cup of spinach 4 oz of chicken 1/2 cup of oats
    Good.

Meal 6 shake
    Again, add some fat.

substitte maybe differnet vegetbalesand ossibly brown rice or wholewheat pasta for hte oats every now and then....
    ne feedback would be gratly appreciated ....please dont laugh if its all wrong i tried to understand the how to cut thread the best I coudl.....
    FOr fat loss, you don't want to run anyway. You want to elevate your heart rate to the level of power walking. The bike and eliptical are excellent for this. My specific comments on your diet are above.

Every meal should contain protein. Every meal should also contain carbs OR fats. Carbs and fats should not be combined in the same meal.

thanks you soo much....its graet to hear the thing about the running i always felt like i would never get hte cardio i need cuase of my god **** leg....why do i have to eat 45 min after my cardio... just curious?

thanks you soo much....its graet to hear the thing about the running i always felt like i would never get hte cardio i need cuase of my god **** leg....why do i have to eat 45 min after my cardio... just curious?
    Lipolysis (the use of bodyfat as fuel) that you start during cardio will stop immediately when you consume carbs. Lipolysis will last for about 45 minutes (maybe longer) after cardio. If you want to eat sooner than that, change your meal to pro/fat instead of pro/carbs.

for pwo if i add the dectrose do i take out the oats?

for pwo if i add the dectrose do i take out the oats?
    Correct.

how far apart should the meals be

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    how far apart should the meals be
    2-3 hours depending on how long u are awake and how much you eat

k in the cuttin it says i need 2 tbspoons of flax oil i went out and borught the pills each is 1g that means i would have to take 30 with each shake? they r 50 pills for 6..am i rading this wrong

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If you need 30 grams of fat for a meal, for whatever reason, then yes you have to swallow 30 pills.

Not cost effective, and a royal pain in the (__!__).

I always encourage the oil.

~SC~

and sum1 told me pixie stix are good for dextrose....is this right?..cause they r the purest form of sugar

the cuttin thread said to take two tblspn of flax oil with your protein shake is that right or a misprint..i am totally in the dar with how much fat to consume

bump

alphaman is offline Member
    The sticky was right. The amounts of macronutrients are listed at the bottom of the sample diet. You need to calculate your bmr, and figure out the right amount of calories for your stats, then use the ratios of carbs, fats, and protein in the sticky.
    Last edited by alphaman; 04-15-2005 at 11:22 AM.

Thread Information