Thread: Vitamins

alphaman is offline Member

Vitamins

I know that if you take too much at one time, then the excess that your body doesn't absorb is peed out. Now if I have one multi that has everthing I want but potassium, and I want potassium, and I take my wife's multi at the same time, which has a lot of potassium. Say I take them both at the same time, will I pee the potassium out?

Does your body take what it needs, or does it non-selectively take vitamins in the amounts it can, and discard everything else?

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    it will take anything in the amounts that it can, so it shouldnt discard the potassium if your first multi doesnt have it.

cool, that's what i was hoping. want to use all the vitamins i got b4 buying more.

icewind is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaman
    I know that if you take too much at one time, then the excess that your body doesn't absorb is peed out. Now if I have one multi that has everthing I want but potassium, and I want potassium, and I take my wife's multi at the same time, which has a lot of potassium. Say I take them both at the same time, will I pee the potassium out?

Does your body take what it needs, or does it non-selectively take vitamins in the amounts it can, and discard everything else?
    potassium is not a vitamin it's a mineral. in general vitamins are excreted by the body if not needed, same does not apply to all minerals.

I always thought Vitamin K was potassium, but after a little searching on google, I see that K is the symbol for potassium, and that VitaminK is something totally different. Seems to be a common misconception. Learn something new every day!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yeah, that's some tricky stuff!

~SC~

Thread Information