Thread: turkey?

codzilla is offline New Member

turkey?

Hey guys I hear a lot of talk about chicken as a good source of protein, I was wondering what you're opinions were on turkey?

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I,m not sure but I think it is around the same.Turkey is not as popular b,c of the taste.

Billy

ptbyjason Guest
    Turkey is fine and so is fish. Just don't eat too much, it will put you to sleep. It's definitely not something you want to eat before a workout. It slows you down.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Tuekey

I looked it up in the protein counter to be sure. The states on chicken verse Turkey are as follows....

Turkey 4oz beastw/skin baked-- 212 calories
    0 carbs
    8 grams fat
    32 grams protien

Chicken 3 oz breast w/skin 142 calories
    0 carbs
    8 grams fat
    27 grams of protien
    Of course you can shave some of the fat grams off by cooking without the skin. I know I don't have to really mention that but when you do the meat becomes very dry.

Kullman is offline Member
    Turkey is a good source of protein like chicken. Personall I like chicken more so don't bother to eat turkey.

Kull

ptbyjason Guest
    I would also suggest eating tuna fish if you like it. It is an excellent sourch of protein.

Good ol Tuna Christ I eat so much of it I,m sure I have gills!!

Yep really good source of protein and well worth consuming.
    0 fat 0 carbs around 38g protein can,t beat that

Billy

codzilla is offline New Member
    Me too Billy!! I'm trying to mix it up a bit with somthing else.

I tried just putting the tuna into a blender with some water and mixing it up a bit then drinking it.It worked for a while.Now I just eat it straight out of the tin or mix it up with a bit of pasta or a really spicy tomato sauce I make.

Stick the tuna in a bowl mix some Cajun,a little Garlic,Chilli powder and tomato,s pepper and a jar of tomato sauce/puree mix it up with some pasta.I love it and you can eat it cold at work.

Billy

Mike Guest
    Oh my god billy I almost threw up! You blended your tuna fish with water and drank it?!!? Jesus....

Hey do you guys think you would like a compiled list of recipes or possibly even a forum where you betty crockers can share them on here??? Some people have a hard time coming up with tasty alternatives in their clean eating lifestyles.

Sounds a good idea Mike always hard to think of something new to eat and it does get repetative after a while.

Bring on the recipe forum!!

Billy

PS the tuna and water ain,t really that bad couple of gulps and that little suckers all finished!!

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    Good plan, meal plan forum with reciepes and everything. I've got a great turkey burger receipe.

I once put oats in a blender, it was horrid.

Billy you are one dedicated BB Dude!

Actually what about the maddess things you've done with food, I used to have Bread and rice sandwiches.........I knew nothing LOL!

BA

Dedicated ......my mates call it stupid and brain dead.They can,t understand how you can eat eggs raw.Men or mice??

"Those that pursue will fulfill their dreams"

I know this has nothing to do with BB but I used to eat cornfalkes(Disgusting little buggers) with milk with a fried egg on top.Never did get to the bottom of why I did that any way never had any effect on me.

Gotta go got an appt with the shrink LOL
    Billy
    Last edited by Billy Boy; 08-21-2001 at 11:24 AM.

sp33dg33k is offline Member
    just ate a subway 12" turkey breast on harvest wheat and it was awesome. (no cheese, no mayo) for sauce i ask for them to thow on some of the tomato sauce they use for the meatball subs. mmm mmm mmmm

Mike Guest
    Jesus you guys eat some sick shit - nice starch and carb sandwiches Big Al

physio_sport is offline Banned
    what i do with tuna is put half the can in and blend it then add coke blend it then add the rest of the tuna with abit of more coke and blend it. remeber dont use too much coke. then at the end i pour it out into a jug and put in coke on top this allows me to drink the tuna in seconds instead of eating it in minutes (about 5 per can)
    also you can use any fizzy drink.
    all this does is add a bit of a fishy taste to it.
    remember drain ALL the water/oil in the can before you do this or youll get some nasty shit.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Reciepes

Christ it's a wonder that ya'll have'nt fallen over dead!
    I'll break out some of my reciepe books and throw some at ya (You know somthing that resembles food) Mean while look at some of the post that I made in the diet section on how to make grocery shopping and dieting easier. I'll be back in town Thursday 23, and try to get somthing posted by Friday afternoon. About the strangest thing that I have ever eaten I would have to say was as follows.
    1 protein powder-ISOPURE CHOCOLATE FLAVOR
    1 ripe banana mushed up in powder
    Sprinkle a little Fruitose on top
    It kind of makes a pudding that really is not all that bad.

Tobey

Oh yeah that and the Salter sisters but thats another story!

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    LMAO!

I'm lost for words............I canne believe what you do with Tuna, and Eggs and Cornflakes! Odd!

I think my Rice sandwich was quite tame now LOL

BA

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Man man man.. well I will hand it to you all, ya'll are creative, (and maybe just alittle big sick). Personally, I do what what Billy does, mix my tuna with some pasta or Lipton soup and eat it with a few crackers (low fat) that is. But the blender thing? Man.. ya'll are brave.

Thread Information