diesel21 is offline Member

landscaping diet, help please

ok, so as of now I feel great, arms about 17 inches, getting shreeded, bla, bla......

I have a landscaping business and i'll be working at least 4 days a week.. luckily, i have a huge ride on mower (so i don't burn tons of muscle walking all day...

anyway, if my heart rate is under 100 for most of the day and only goes up once in a while am i screwed and being catabolic? cause soon as i get done or leave early around 5pm, i go straight to the gym to lift....

should i add more fat/pro or carb/pro, i just want to hold on to as much muscle as i can...
    thanx guys

hmmm, guess no one knows......

big_mike is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel21
    hmmm, guess no one knows......

A lot of people on this board seem to believe in lots of fat/pro meals within their diets. For myself however..i seem to do very well (including cutting) with pro/carbs such as yams, brown rice, green veggies and stuff. Only 1 or 2 meals a day include flax seed oil or olive oil. I think you will be fine seeing that your heart rate does not go above target...just limit your cardio for the rest of the week assuming your diet is in check. Also make sure to eat every 2.5 hours...that will of course limit catabolism. If it were me, I would make sure my meals contained good carbs plus green veggies...Some people will disagree, but it works for me..
    hope it works out.
    Last edited by big_mike; 04-17-2005 at 04:36 PM.

thats sounds like a good idea... i'll give it a try

big_mike is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel21
    thats sounds like a good idea... i'll give it a try

Just to let you know..ive been leaning down...was 185 at abotu 11 % body fat...and in the past month..i have been dieting and leaning out VERY slowly...people think im on gear at the moment ( which is false ) because with my diet I am able to hold on to every single ounce of muscle I have...while at the same time burn fat and gain a little while doing it all...I actually surprised myself. Now im about 178...but look a LOT more shredded than last month. I have veins bulging all over my body...probably @ 8 % at the moment. I stay away from diets that have mostly pro/fat...my muscles look flat..plus it gives me a ****ty feeling throughout the day...it just doesn't plain work for me...I hold on to a LOT more muscle it seems when im doing pro/carb meals throughout the day...of course bed time is an exception...and one other meal in the daytime such as 8 oz of chicken breast w/ 2 tbsp of flax oil. Also, make sure when you do go to the gym...vary your rest in between sets to see how your body reacts. I find that with less rest...I'm able to burn more fat..and at the same time get a better pump...and i only do cardio 1-2 times a week.

true, true... i think that will work fine for me... i'm currently at 2 pro/fat meals a day, and 3 carb spikes.. (oatmeal/pro, pwo1, pwo2), the other 1 or two meals are a cup of veggies w/ pro.. now i'm just getting back into getting real lean... i'm 188 @ around 8-9% bf.. i'd like to get to hit 5% this summer.... as long as i don't go crazy, lol.. thanx for the tips

slowpain is offline Associate Member
    **** bro your in the same boat as me, I also do lanscaping but I plant trees all day then come home to workout, talk about burning some cals, but the cool thing is im trying to get cut so it goes hand in hand. One thing is for sure I dont have to do cardio at the gym anymore I get mine with a pick axe. I have been eating protein/carbs for breakfast then protein/fat for my second meal of the day out on the job, then I eat protein/carbs again for lunch, then another meal of protein/carbs before I go home. So I guess you could say I keep my carbs on the higher side, just watch your physical activity and if you need more carbs just boost it for that meal. I may try to cut carbs back as soon as I get some more HGH but right now Im on test prop/EQ/D-bol cycle. Will be taking out the d-bol and adding tren /anavar to cycle in a month and cut carbs way back even while working but its gona be a hot mofo outside. People like us have to change out diets during the day according to how much activity we get.

dam, looks nice, i mean with test you can really hold on to muscle and cut down.. i'm just stayin natural so its a bit tuffer... but i'll def post some results later on...

at least we'll all be shreeded!!

Thread Information