Thread: diet check

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member

diet check

my stay lean diet...
    im about 173lbs below 6%bf, so i came up with 300g-330g of pro, 230g of carb, 35g of fat...

now here's the diet...

meal1: 1 scoop shake= 20g pro & 6oz chicken breast=50g pro/oats = 40g carb
    meal2: 4oz chicken breast=30g pro & 1 scoop shake= 20g pro/oats = 40g carb
    meal3: 4oz chicken breast=30g pro & 1 scoop shake= 20g pro/1tsp flax = 10g fat/ veggies
    workout
    PWO(meal4): protein shake = 40 of pro/ 80g of dextrose
    meal5: 4oz chicken breast=30g pro & 1 scoop shake= 20g pro/oats = 40g carb
    meal6: 6oz chicken breast=50g pro/ 1tsp flax = 10g fat/ veggies

i left out the 30g of carbs and 15g of fat do to traces in the other food i consume throughout day. I also add a few 1 scoop shakes in the mix throughout the day because chicken is expensive and im not yet rollin in dough...so what do ya think???
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 04-17-2005 at 06:54 PM.

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    IMO there isnt enough variety in that diet, you'll become sick of eating that real soon, trust me, you need to mix it up so you dont get bored and lose intrest in your diet.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    What's the nutr. value of your 'shakes'?

arnoldwannab is offline Associate Member
    haha, when i was bulking, i ate the same **** everyday, same time of day, for 4 years straight only cheating on Sunday. now I am cutting and I still eat the same food everyday but now only for 15 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    What's the nutr. value of your 'shakes'?
    2g of fat, 2g of carb, 22g of pro/ 30g scoop

Matto20 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD
    my stay lean diet...
    im about 173lbs below 6%bf, so i came up with 300g-330g of pro, 230g of carb, 35g of fat...

now here's the diet...

meal1: 1 scoop shake= 20g pro & 6oz chicken breast=50g pro/oats = 40g carb
    meal2: 4oz chicken breast=30g pro & 1 scoop shake= 20g pro/oats = 40g carb
    meal3: 4oz chicken breast=30g pro & 1 scoop shake= 20g pro/1tsp flax = 10g fat/ veggies
    workout
    PWO(meal4): protein shake = 40 of pro/ 80g of dextrose
    meal5: 4oz chicken breast=30g pro & 1 scoop shake= 20g pro/oats = 40g carb
    meal6: 6oz chicken breast=50g pro/ 1tsp flax = 10g fat/ veggies

i left out the 30g of carbs and 15g of fat do to traces in the other food i consume throughout day. I also add a few 1 scoop shakes in the mix throughout the day because chicken is expensive and im not yet rollin in dough...so what do ya think???

You're eating 120 grams of oats per day; IMHO there are numerous disadvantages to this. You're missing out on opportunities to add not only healthy fruits and veggies, but VARIETY as well. Think of all the wonderful different things you could be eating in place of OATS - brown rice, wild rice, sesame/natural blue chips and salsa, fresh broccoli and sugar snap peas, strawberries and blueberries, apples, steamed frozen veggies, whole grain breads, etc etc etc. The extra fiber and micronutrients would help keep your body healthy and willing to put up with rest of your diet and lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Matto20
    You're eating 120 grams of oats per day; IMHO there are numerous disadvantages to this. You're missing out on opportunities to add not only healthy fruits and veggies, but VARIETY as well. Think of all the wonderful different things you could be eating in place of OATS - brown rice, wild rice, sesame/natural blue chips and salsa, fresh broccoli and sugar snap peas, strawberries and blueberries, apples, steamed frozen veggies, whole grain breads, etc etc etc. The extra fiber and micronutrients would help keep your body healthy and willing to put up with rest of your diet and lifestyle.

it doesnt matter to me how plain the diet is, i have no problem eating like this it really doesnt bother me as long as i have one cheat meal a week it's not hard for me at all! as for veggies i eat quite a bit in those 2 servings so im not worried about lacking in nutrients..

plus oats are very easy for me to make becasue i just add water to them cold and eat them, its less time consuming for me then alot of things because im always on the go, plus they're cheap and they get the job done so why not right. Ive been basically doing this diet for the last like 5-6 months but the first 3 were in a caloric deficit so i was consuming less carbs but it was exaclty the same but for the last month, month and a half ive just upped the carbs and have no problem at all with it, i have alot of self control maybe thats y...? i dunno but i actually do not mind this at all...
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 04-17-2005 at 11:51 PM.

Thread Information