lzicc is offline Senior Member

Caffeine Pre Workout

I was drinking a 16oz iced tea about 1-2 hours before my workout for energy which was working out pretty good for me. I am working on a cutting diet that I am going to start on in the next month or so, and the ice tea brought my carbs up too high.

I decided to stop drinking the iced tea and bought some 200mg caffeine pills. I took one yesterday 2 hours before my workout. It did pick me up, but as I was working out, I kept running out of steam for some reason and had a pretty bad workout. I wasn't wired, just my endurance was real low.

I wonder why this is. The iced tea worked great for me, but the pills didn't.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by lzicc
    I was drinking a 16oz iced tea about 1-2 hours before my workout for energy which was working out pretty good for me. I am working on a cutting diet that I am going to start on in the next month or so, and the ice tea brought my carbs up too high.

I decided to stop drinking the iced tea and bought some 200mg caffeine pills. I took one yesterday 2 hours before my workout. It did pick me up, but as I was working out, I kept running out of steam for some reason and had a pretty bad workout. I wasn't wired, just my endurance was real low.

I wonder why this is. The iced tea worked great for me, but the pills didn't.
    maybe too much stimulant i notice that happens w/ like 400mg caffiene but also could be water intake was too low for the added caff. or diet was different or not enough quality sleep ... lotsa variables keep trying the caffiene and see if it continues...
    btw i reccommend about 3-4 servings green tea for about 120 or so mg caffiene..

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Your caffeine crash occurred during your workout.

~SC~

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    oh ho! 2 hrs pre work out!!! just saw that n' HOLY KRAP man.. try 30min pre work out >< man im a good at reading!

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Caffeine levels peak at 1 hour after consumption. You waited too long.

When I would take the Iced Tea, I took it a few hours before and it seemed to work well. By the time I was ready to work out, I felt great. Do you think that maybe the caffeine in Iced Tea takes longer to go into the bloodstream?

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    take 25mg of ephedra with it

Tushe is offline Associate Member
    Took 200mg Caffiene hour before I did Swole's leg workout.

Needless to say, today I'm dead to the world!!

Maybe it was something else then causing this. I didn't take any caffeine yesterday except for a 16oz ice tea and I had another bad workout. My endurance and motivation starting running real low half way through my workout and I was getting tired.

I am sleeping a good 8 hours a night, but do get up in the middle of the night here and there to take a leak due to all the water I drink. But that's nothing new. The only other thing that I can think of is that I upped my test e dosage a little over 2 weeks ago. Maybe it's too much.

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lzicc
    Maybe it was something else then causing this. I didn't take any caffeine yesterday except for a 16oz ice tea and I had another bad workout. My endurance and motivation starting running real low half way through my workout and I was getting tired.

I am sleeping a good 8 hours a night, but do get up in the middle of the night here and there to take a leak due to all the water I drink. But that's nothing new. The only other thing that I can think of is that I upped my test e dosage a little over 2 weeks ago. Maybe it's too much.
    Are you eating right? Hows the diet?

Thread Information