getbig888 is offline Senior Member

cooking whey protein

i make protein pancakes almost everymorning. i add 1 scoop of whey. Do you think heating the whey takes away from the nutrients?

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    I am not positive on this, but some protein powders exist for cooking, while most are not designed to take the heat treatment. Pancakes probably won't do much in terms of protein destruction though, I think it is more through prolonged baking.

alphaman is offline Member
    I know that thats why the protein in bars isn't considered so good. Because of the baking

it usually only takes about 3 minutes on the skillet to make the pancakes, is that enough heat to effect the protein?

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    How do they taste?

i like them, its my favorite way to eat my oats and egg whites in the morning. I use one cup of egg whites, 1 scoop vanilla whey, 1-1 1/2 cups oats, and some splenda.

xenithon is offline Member
    know that thats why the protein in bars isn't considered so good. Because of the baking
    Incorrect. The protein is not good becuase they use soy, milk isolate etc. ie. inferior sources of protein, not whey/micellar casein etc. In fact I do not think any of the commercial bars are baked at all.

About whey - I would only use a whey made to take the high temps such as ON's ANY Whey. Otherwise opt for something like eggwhite or casein protein which are more resistant.

thanx xenithon, i currently use on's 100% pure whey, but i will look in to their any whey.

alphaman is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xenithon
    Incorrect. The protein is not good becuase they use soy, milk isolate etc. ie. inferior sources of protein, not whey/micellar casein etc. In fact I do not think any of the commercial bars are baked at all.

About whey - I would only use a whey made to take the high temps such as ON's ANY Whey. Otherwise opt for something like eggwhite or casein protein which are more resistant.

Hmmm.... I will have to check this out. The owner of my local supp store told me this, and he is a guru when it comes to supps. For now, I'm gonna believe him, but I'll check into it.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by xenithon

Depends which bar your eating

Thread Information