spound is offline Anabolic Member

getting your heart rate up

I have lost a lot of weight lately bc I have been dieting and doing lots of cardio and i have noticed that when I do am cardio on an empty stomach, it takes a lot longer for me to get to my target heart rate (70%) than it used to. SHould I up the intensity at the beginning to reach my THR faster, like maybe jog at the beginning and then slow it down to my normal incline walk?? Or does it matter?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    R U using a treadmill?

I'd increase the incline and the speed a bit.

The better in shape you get, the easier cardio gets, so you do have to work harder yes.

Congrats on progressing!

~SC~

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    R U using a treadmill?

I'd increase the incline and the speed a bit.

The better in shape you get, the easier cardio gets, so you do have to work harder yes.

Congrats on progressing!

~SC~
    Thanks! BTW, yea i am, using a treadmill, to me that is the only way to go. ****, i was kind of liking only having to walk on an incline of 10 at 3.5 MPH, now I gotta go up around an incline of 13 or so at the same speed to get my HR to where it needs to be. I sure as hell feel good though, alot more energy than when i was bulking.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spound
    Thanks! BTW, yea i am, using a treadmill, to me that is the only way to go. ****, i was kind of liking only having to walk on an incline of 10 at 3.5 MPH, now I gotta go up around an incline of 13 or so at the same speed to get my HR to where it needs to be. I sure as hell feel good though, alot more energy than when i was bulking.
    On the up side, it sounds like you are getting stronger. Your heart doesnt have to work as hard as it did before to go the same speed. Thats what happens when you do consitant cardio.

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beenie
    On the up side, it sounds like you are getting stronger. Your heart doesnt have to work as hard as it did before to go the same speed. Thats what happens when you do consitant cardio.
    Ditto

Thread Information