beyonddriven is offline Associate Member

contest June 25th help needed

Hey guys I have my first contest June 25th. I am going to be entering the light heavy division, hopefully as large as possible at 198lbs. I began eating a more strict diet a couple weeks ago. I am only eating oatmeal, brown rice, yams, squash, zucchini, and brocolli for carbs. Lean chicken, tuna, salmon, turkey, and 96% lean beef for protein as well as my shakes. I am avoiding all sugar and staying away for sodium, milk and sat fats. What else do you guys recommend? I was planning on running 6 days a week till the contest at around 70% my Hr for 30 mins. I have a good knowledge on how to eat healthy year round but nothing when it comes to contest prep. I currently weigh around 210lbs and just started a cycle of test e, eq, and parabolan to run through the contest. I am running the test at 500mg a week, the eq at 400mg a week, and the parabolan at 200mg a week. Flame away I have a feeling I am going to need all the help I can get and anything you have to say will be appreciated. Oh and by the way I would guess that I am around 10% body fat. I am planning on getting that check soon, when I do I will update you all.

anybody?

Austex is offline Member
    This may need to go in the Competitive Bodybuilding forum...but I'm sure you may get a few responses here as well. One thing I will point out to you is that if you are 210 with 10% bf and plan on weighing in around 198 at contest, you will still most likely be around 9-10% bf. Someone more experienced can tell you more accurate figures, but if you want to look shredded, you'll need to be around 4% bf. If you made it to 4%, I'd imagine you'd be weighing in around 185-190.

Austex is offline Member
    Ok here's my flame...j/k but I have a few remarks...

Quote Originally Posted by beyonddriven
    my first contest June 25th
    65 Days Out...Ok

I am only eating oatmeal, brown rice, yams, squash, zucchini, and brocolli for carbs.
    Looks good, drop the oatmeal and yams the last week.

Lean chicken
    Where do you get this from? (J/K...I know what you mean, skinless breast meat)

96% lean beef
    I'd drop this to max once per week, none the last 4 weeks.

avoiding all sugar and staying away for sodium, milk and sat fats.
    Milk and saturated fats, down the drain, good. No sugars or sodium!!?!!? Take your sugars PWO. Sodium is your friend right now, so salt away. 2 weeks out and you can sodium load/ carb deplete and vice versa.

70% my Hr for 30 mins
    Up the cardio. If not yet, then the last 4 weeks. Perform 45 minutes to an hour day and night.

cycle of test e, eq, and parabolan
    Drop the test out a few weeks prior. Eq will dry you up while the excess test converts to estrogen (water).

My 50 cent worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Austex
    Ok here's my flame...j/k but I have a few remarks...

65 Days Out...Ok

Looks good, drop the oatmeal and yams the last week.

Where do you get this from? (J/K...I know what you mean, skinless breast meat)

I'd drop this to max once per week, none the last 4 weeks.

Milk and saturated fats, down the drain, good. No sugars or sodium!!?!!? Take your sugars PWO. Sodium is your friend right now, so salt away. 2 weeks out and you can sodium load/ carb deplete and vice versa.

Up the cardio. If not yet, then the last 4 weeks. Perform 45 minutes to an hour day and night.

Drop the test out a few weeks prior. Eq will dry you up while the excess test converts to estrogen (water).

My 50 cent worth.
    What carbs can I have the last week? I know about depletion but I know that I also have a have some. Point taken I will cut out the red meat now. Twice a day for the running huh? I thought that might be over doing it but then again I dont have a lot of time to cut 5 to 6%. Thanks for the input.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    You may wish to check out my final week preparation protocol titled "7 days to ultimate leanness", as featured in T-mag. There is a link to it on my homepage.

As well, red meat I use in the final weeks personally. Keeps me full and hard actually.

~SC~

Austex is offline Member
    Do your cardio just for an hour once a day...for now. If you are dropping 1/2% of BF per week, you're doing ok. You will most likely drop to 8% rather fast, then it will slow down. If you notice you're not decreasing bodyfat, make the switch to cardio 2 x daily. I would recommend carb-loading with brown rice. Read SC's final week as noted above. Very good final prep instructions.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Thanks Austex.

~SC~

diesel21 is offline Member
    yeah the 7 day thing worked well for me, although i was scared of the sodium part, worked out well anyway

Thanks for the comments guys. I will check that out swole, thanks, oh and by the way what bodyfat do you usually come in at?

oh yeah, I forgot to ask if I could get away with adding fat and carbs together at breakfast? Ex oat meal and a scoop of natural peanut butter?

pics?

getting all your protein, essential fats, vitamins, minerals, etc?

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    oh yeah, I forgot to ask if I could get away with adding fat and carbs together at breakfast? Ex oat meal and a scoop of natural peanut butter?
    Then if you don't reach your goals, you'll be wishing that you wouldn't have. I would be hardcore, if I was getting onstage in some posing trunks. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    Then if you don't reach your goals, you'll be wishing that you wouldn't have. I would be hardcore, if I was getting onstage in some posing trunks. . .
    Yeah good point I guess that might come back in the end to screw me. I will go will a little splenda on the a.m. oatmeal instead.

Quote Originally Posted by 19inchpythons
    pics?
    I will start a new thread in the members pics section in two or three weeks after my diet has had a chance to kick in a bit. Then you guys can tear me apart over the next 6 weeks to make sure I am on track.

Thread Information