getbig888 is offline Senior Member

I can't eat as much as i want to!

Is there anything that i could do to get my hunger up. i know of b12 but i don't think the pills will work and thats all i can get right now. This should probably be in the supplement forum but anyway.

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Are you eating every 2-3 hours? Are you trying to eat or you giving up while eating? If worse comes to worse force feeding yourself may be an option, eat more often and pretty soon you will be more hungry, if that made sense...

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SplinterCell
    Are you eating every 2-3 hours? Are you trying to eat or you giving up while eating? If worse comes to worse force feeding yourself may be an option, eat more often and pretty soon you will be more hungry, if that made sense...

force feeding dosent always work...yesterday i was trying to stuff down the most food i could but i hurled it all back up

i was pissed cause i had to eat again

yea i eat every 2-3 hours and have been for the past 2 years, but lately 4 some reason i am having a hard time getting my meals down. I am bulking right now.

I'm the same way i'm not 100% on this but i'm pretty sure eating more frequently speeds up your metabolism therefore any food you'll throw in there after a while will get burned up quicker and you'll be hungrier. Been on my 6 meal a day diet for over 2 weeks now and I can already see that I'm hungrier more frequently

lzicc is offline Senior Member
    It can be hard eating alot of food. Make sure you eat 6 times a day. That will make it alot easier to get your cals in. I am now up to eating 7 times a day just to get in those extra cals.

You can also add a few tablespoons of peanut butter and flax oil to your regular protein shake, that will give you more cals and if you don't eat tuna, start. I hate it, but you get some good protein from it and it does not make you feel full. That has helped me to get more good calories.

I am bulking right now and I can honestly say that I am sick of eating and can't wait to start cutting.

yea i am eating 8 meals a day/ every 2-3 hours and having a hard time getting my ppwo meal down especially

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Hunger isnt necessary to eat.

true a and f, but there is a point where you can't eat anymore and i have never had this problem until now. I am only eating around 3700 cals, i have done 4,000 easily before but i was about 20 lbs heavier.

Look at it as just another barrier in your way, break through bro!

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    You might try taking 2-3 days off and just relaxing, maybe overtraining is causing your stomach upset?

It may be b/c my hardest meal of the day to consume is my ppwo meal

Austex is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    You might try taking 2-3 days off and just relaxing, maybe overtraining is causing your stomach upset?
    Exactly! You need to throw your body off a little bit. Fast for a day, consuming only water.Do this on a non-training day. Don't worry about not getting your meals for one day, for it will help in the long run. If that doesn't help, try getting stoned.

Another option you can try, and one that has personally worked for me...is to eat until you are full (preferably in the am meal time) and then take a load of ephedra and caffeine. An hour or so later, when everything has digested, you will be cracked out of your mind. I know they say ephedra "curbs" your appetite, but trust me, when you're body is twitching from all the excitement you will eat like mad.

yea i may try yalls suggestions about throwing my body off, but i don't think i will go the get stoned get fuxxed up off of ephedra way.

Quote Originally Posted by Austex
    Exactly! You need to throw your body off a little bit. Fast for a day, consuming only water.
    I highly suggest you not only consume water for a day (if thats what Aust meant by this)

Austex is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SplinterCell
    I highly suggest you not only consume water for a day (if thats what Aust meant by this)
    That is what I meant. Think about it...Putting on muscle involves a number of key ingredients:

1. Weight Training (Muscle Break-down)
    2. Eating (Consistently)
    3. Drinking Plenty of Water (Hydration for Healthy Organ Function, Protein Synthesis)
    3. SLEEP (Muscle Repair)

BUT, there is a limit to which these variables can exceed. When that time comes, the best remedy is either:

1. Take time off.
    or
    2. Put your body in shock by means other than resistance training.

If you continue to drive yourself 100% all the time, your body adapts to this and it is no longer "change". The greatest way to accomplish goals is to not let the body adapt. Every (ex.) 3 months, change things up a bit.

Now, he claims to be eating this way for 2 years. The first thing that goes through my mind is that his body has adapted to this diet. He also claims that his PPWO seems to be the hardest to consume. This also tells me that there is a possibility that his metabolism is slower, not digesting all of the PWO shake <or> his cortisol levels are remaining elevated pwo, and his appetite is lost because of it.

My remedy for this is to shock the body with a change. A change in diet, times that meals are consumed, or as I suggested earlier, fasting. It does work.

Austex is offline Member
    I always like to provide evidence for those in doubt...

Cortisol:
    http://stress.about.com/cs/cortisol/a/aa012901.htm

Fasting:
    http://www.healthy.net/scr/article.asp?ID=1996

Likely due to the increased physical and psychological stresses associated with these conditions, persons suffering from depression, anxiety, panic disorder, malnutrition and alcohol abuse also often have elevated cortisol values.

Quote Originally Posted by Austex
    I always like to provide evidence for those in doubt...

Cortisol:
    http://stress.about.com/cs/cortisol/a/aa012901.htm

Fasting:
    http://www.healthy.net/scr/article.asp?ID=1996
    Touche, informative links, still stand by my statement though but I do understand your point.

Austex is offline Member
    That's why we're all here, right? To give different views to others problems.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yup, everyone will make their own decisions.

I'd never fast personally, no, but that's only ME.

~SC~

Thread Information