Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Interesting things about MCT oil

I was doing some more digging on candida treatmes and stumbled across this about MCT oil

http://aac.asm.org/cgi/content/full/...&pmid=11600381 (the rest of the article isnt realy interesting since it mostly concerns candida infections).

Medium-chain free fatty acids and their corresponding 1-monoglycerides have been found to have a broad spectrum of microbicidal activity against enveloped viruses and various bacteria in vitro (5, 7, 11, 12, 14), including pathogens like herpes simplex virus (8, 12), Neisseria gonorrhoeae (2), Chlamydia trachomatis (1), group A streptococci, group B streptococci (GBS), and Staphylococcus aureus (3). The mechanism by which these lipids kill bacteria is not known, but electron microscope studies indicate that they disrupt cell membranes (1, 3, 12). The lipids are commonly found in natural products, for example, in milk, and are therefore likely to be nontoxic to mucosas, at least at low concentrations. In milk and at mucosas these compounds are considered to be potent inhibitors of many human pathogens or parasites (4, 5).

I guess this means that we should supplement with MCT to keep healthy. Especialy those of us that dont drink fatty milk(and I assume that includes all of us )

Does anyone here use MCT oil? In that case what kind of dosages? Seems like its decently cheap anyway(400ml for 11$)unless the best dosages are very big.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yes, I used to use it instead of flaxseed oil, but have not used it lately.

That stuff tastes really good!

~SC~

How much did you consume daily?

Do you think flax is better Would a combination of the 2 be the best thing since both seem to have very strong health benifits

What I also find very funny is that MCT oil contains ALOT of caprid and lauric acid. Those 2 are also abundant in coconut oil. But most consider coconut oil to be very unhealthy while MCT oil is healthy. Would coconut oil be a good source for MCT oils?

OR well to be exact coconut oil is 45-60% lauric acid and 6% capric acid while MCT oil supplement is 30-45% capric acid and 3% lauric acid.

Thread Information