Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member

Pre workout shake???

i usually eat a can of tuna, n a piece of grain bread about 20 mins before my workout....wondering if i should add a shake, or eat more then 45 grams of protein/15 carbs pre workout, all my other main carbs come at breakfast about 5-6 hours prior to this, is the tuna n grain ok for pre workout????
    Also was wondering when i should take my cell-tech. it says post workout, but thats alot of liquid to down(cell-tech n a protein shake) could i bring the cell tech to the gym, n drink it in the last 10 minutes of my workout, instead of 20 mins after??

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Your cell tech is supposed to be your post workout shake, why are you drinking another protein shake with it? Pre-Workout I suggest a pro/fat meal one hour prior to lifting such as tuna w/mayo, the only times you should consume carbs while cutting are breakfast/PWO shake (dextrose)/ Post Workout Meal.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Is he cutting though? He never stated........

~SC~

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i have read so much on preworkoutshakes and the best conclusion that i can draw is a moderatly high Carb and a Whey shake ~1hr before work out. I read that by blending oldfashion oats and consuming them in a shake you decrease the density of the food thereby incraseing the GI of it helping it to absorb more readily and in pace w/ the whey protein which is suppose to be opt for pre workout. about a 50/30 ratio of carb to fat. the carbs help to reduce "CANABOLISM" during your training session especially if your on a low carb diet which is borderline to ketosis this carb boost can make your workout a lil more worth while.

edit: but i have read so much crap from which seem to be LEGIT and intelligent sources/study's and this seems to be the most common suggestion for a preworkoutshake...

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Is he cutting though? He never stated........

~SC~
    Whoops, looked like I jumped the gun....everyday there are like 10 topics all on the same thing, my bad

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    i am cutting, and splinter i am going to go with CEE, so that prob is no longer a prob. I intake most of my carbs at breakfast and pre workout. i figure 15 carbs and 45 grams of protein isnt a bad pre-workout meal

Thread Information