AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member

For Those Cutting, Read This!!! Urgent.

I recently read a book called the Thyroid Diet. It says flouride reduces thyroid function. That sucks! Cuz many cities including mine flouridate their water. The amount of water guys like us drink can contain signififcant levels f flouride. In hyperthroid patients(people with overactive theyroid) the one treatment is, guess..FLOURIDE! Ppl who take the flouride often end up hypothyroid(underactive thyroid).
    Fvcked up huh?

What's more is that after i read that, i increased my green tee consumption to increase my metabolism. Even though catechins in the tea increase it, green tea is still crap, cuz as i just read in Men's Health yesterday, tea caontains flouride! The plants they come from absorb alot of flouride from the soil!

So i don't know what to do. I guess this jst means i have to spend a dhytload of money on botttled water now.
    By the way, thyroid disease is one of the most common diseases in america now. Jee, i wonder why? Could it be cuz the cities a watering down our throid?!!
    I wonder how much more ripped i could have been if i didn't have flouridated water running throhg my veins!rrrg
    Heres i link about it. read for yerself
    http://www.rogerkyoung.com/old/flouride.html

By the way, don't have flouride treatments at the dentist if your an adult and don't give your kids flouride pills.
    i work in a dental office, and flouride benefits are negligable in adults. And accordind to this link i gave their not that benefical for anybody. Oh well.
    Peace.
    Last edited by AnabolicBoy1981; 04-22-2005 at 06:59 AM.

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the info bro!

liltae86 is offline Female Member
    you can take guggul...

IronAdam is offline Member
    Get Hinckley Springs water delivered to your house if you can afford it. I go through about 5, 5 gallon jugs a month. When it runs out before the next delivery and I'm forced to drink tap...its obvious how NASTY tap water tastes.

clhp20 is offline Member
    Great post. Just another thing for us to say HMMMM about..

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    HMMMM......thats interesting.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981
    I recently read a book called the Thyroid Diet. It says flouride reduces thyroid function. That sucks! Cuz many cities including mine flouridate their water. The amount of water guys like us drink can contain signififcant levels f flouride. In hyperthroid patients(people with overactive theyroid) the one treatment is, guess..FLOURIDE! Ppl who take the flouride often end up hypothyroid(underactive thyroid).
    Fvcked up huh?

What's more is that after i read that, i increased my green tee consumption to increase my metabolism. Even though catechins in the tea increase it, green tea is still crap, cuz as i just read in Men's Health yesterday, tea caontains flouride! The plants they come from absorb alot of flouride from the soil!

So i don't know what to do. I guess this jst means i have to spend a dhytload of money on botttled water now.
    By the way, thyroid disease is one of the most common diseases in america now. Jee, i wonder why? Could it be cuz the cities a watering down our throid?!!
    I wonder how much more ripped i could have been if i didn't have flouridated water running throhg my veins!rrrg
    Heres i link about it. read for yerself
    http://www.rogerkyoung.com/old/flouride.html

By the way, don't have flouride treatments at the dentist if your an adult and don't give your kids flouride pills.
    i work in a dental office, and flouride benefits are negligable in adults. And accordind to this link i gave their not that benefical for anybody. Oh well.
    Peace.
    It's never really been a concern for me, but id it is for you the cheap water filter remove it- ones like Britta. Whats more, if you don't want to pay the $10 for the filter, you can age the water for a couple days. I used to keep tropical fish and this was the system used, because chlorine and florine would kill the fish. If you pur water into a bucket and let it aireate for a couple days both evaportate. I whink you wouls probably want to refirdgerate the water after doing this if you plan to drink it.

alphaman is offline Member
    What if you've had your thyroid tested and they say your thyroid function is normal? Could the flouride still be affecteing you?

I have reverse osmosis in my house, and this is the water I drink. Does anyone know if the reverse osmosis gets rid of the flouride?

Thread Information