Thread: Kosher diet

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet

Kosher diet

Guys I've a Jewish friend looking for information on her diet. She wants to observe Passover, awhile maintaining her carb intake. Basically she must avoid wheat products, now keeping this wouldn't be a problem, except for snacks. Any idea?. (she's not dieting, but she is very serious about her training and aiming for low BF%)

xenithon is offline Member
    I'm Jewish. I find the two best things for snacks are:
    -Wholewheat matza. It's actually tastes alright, especially since I only have it for this short period each year. Either on its own, or ground up and used to make 'pancakes' with eggwhites, protein poweder etc.
    -Sweet potato. I will batch cook a whole lot and use throughout the week. Sometimes sweet, sometimes savory. Sometimes soft and made into mash, sometimes grilled into sweet potato chips etc.

Also plenty of fruits and veg.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Guys I've a Jewish friend looking for information on her diet. She wants to observe Passover, awhile maintaining her carb intake. Basically she must avoid wheat products, now keeping this wouldn't be a problem, except for snacks. Any idea?. (she's not dieting, but she is very serious about her training and aiming for low BF%)
    At passover its a big problem. If she stays away from the motozos she can be okay. I take a crumb, when that part of the sedar comes around. Then the dinner there is l;ots of stuff like roast chiken, no problem, fish at my family's sedar. Just always be concious. I always bring my own desert items because the ones that are there are filled with sugar and matsos meal.

Thread Information