Thread: Carb Content?

alphaman is offline Member

Carb Content?

I f'***ed up and cheated tonight. Was offered a snifter full of 18 yr. old Macallan single malt scotch. The offerer was my boss, so..... you know.

Anybody have any idea of what the carb content of this would be(1 pour)? I didn't want to ask the waitress and seem like an obsessive weirdo! Hoping we got some scotch drinkers here.

longhornDr is offline Member
    I dont see how you could consider one shot of scotch cheating? It's not gonna make any difference in the short or long term...I would estimate 0 carbs

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaman
    I f'***ed up and cheated tonight. Was offered a snifter full of 18 yr. old Macallan single malt scotch. The offerer was my boss, so..... you know.

Anybody have any idea of what the carb content of this would be(1 pour)? I didn't want to ask the waitress and seem like an obsessive weirdo! Hoping we got some scotch drinkers here.
    Very low in carb - not to worry. Not something you should do, but that has more to do with other properties of alchohol, not the carb content.

alphaman is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by longhornDr
    I dont see how you could consider one shot of scotch cheating? It's not gonna make any difference in the short or long term...I would estimate 0 carbs
    I'm not ripped like you holmes. Plus- I'm obsessive as he**! I took like a year and a half off from everything, and woke up one day like, WTF!! Now I'm on a mission and everyday I'm like $hit, I look like $hit!

Does anyone know exactly what the negative effect of alchohol on cutting is? I also had two rum and diets, which I know are carb free. I thought the scotch would have sugar in it. It has the word "malt" in it, which is sugar.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaman
    I'm not ripped like you holmes. Plus- I'm obsessive as he**! I took like a year and a half off from everything, and woke up one day like, WTF!! Now I'm on a mission and everyday I'm like $hit, I look like $hit!

Does anyone know exactly what the negative effect of alchohol on cutting is? I also had two rum and diets, which I know are carb free. I thought the scotch would have sugar in it. It has the word "malt" in it, which is sugar.
    virtually 0 carbs. That being said there are properties associited with alchhol that show that it impedes the body's ablity to mobilize fat.

If you dont make a habit of it u will be fine.

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beenie
    virtually 0 carbs. That being said there are properties associited with alchhol that show that it impedes the body's ablity to mobilize fat.

If you dont make a habit of it u will be fine.
    good to know

Thread Information