Thread: why pro/fat?

SP1
    SP1 is offline Associate Member

why pro/fat?

I was just curious as to why you must consume fat with your protein. I f that is the case I was messing up big time. After 4pm I have just been having cans of tuna every 2hrs. Should I have it with a table spoon of flax; if so why?
    I am now having 25g of whey with 1tbl of flax,
    cardio 1hr, walk incline,
    pro/carb,
    workout,
    then whey with dextrose 2:1,
    1 1/2- 2hrs later I have pro/carb,
    the I just have pro every 2hr's,
    At night I will have pro and some veggies,
    and before bed Pro/with flax. what is wrong with this.
    Also glutamine, No explode, trib, multi vitamin, I am at 9%bf and would like to get to 7, I think I need more carbs. I do cardio6-7x's a week.

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    you need good fats (omega 3,6, & 9) to get rid of the stored fat on your body. Fats can easily be converted to energy too. eat either pro/fat or pro/carb meals, not just protein. Also, i would do cardio on an empty stomach and consume a pro/fat meal afterwards instead of pro/carb. Or at least wait a little while to eat the pro/carb meal...

SP1
    thanks bro. I was doing cardio for three months on empty stomach but I was finding that I was burning alot of muscle too. I just added that on to see how it felt. If it will really hurt my cardio then I will stop

Quote Originally Posted by SP1
    thanks bro. I was doing cardio for three months on empty stomach but I was finding that I was burning alot of muscle too. I just added that on to see how it felt. If it will really hurt my cardio then I will stop
    You were probably in the "cardio zone" instead of the "fat burn & muscle preserve zone". You should be at a slow jog/fast walk if you are on a tredmill. My HR usually stays between 120-130 BPM for 45min to and hour and that is sufficient for me.

SP1
    do you think that maybe it was the fact that I was only consuming about 80g of carbs aday that was making me feel depleted. I weigh 172, how ,many carbs should I be having to continue to cut and keep mass

do you think that maybe it was the fact that I was only consuming about 80g of carbs aday that was making me feel depleted. I weigh 172, how ,many carbs should I be having to continue to cut and keep mass
    well, of course carbs give you energy and only getting 80g a day and not enough fats, then yes, that is definitely why you feel tired/run-down. I get most, if not all of my carbs from my PWO shake(80g carbs - dextrose) and my PPWO meal(about 40-50g of carbs - brown rice). Sometimes i have oatmeal or 100% whole wheat toast in the mornings but it is usually a pro/fat meal. Try eating more flax oil, olive oil, nuts, natural peanut butter. Just don't mix these with carbs...

SP1
    what does mixing them with carbs do

what does mixing them with carbs do
    spikes your insulin level sending the fat and carbs staight to your gut.
    That's why we eat low glycemic carbs such as brown rice except after a workout when you DO want to spike insulin levels by consuming dextrose(simple corn sugar) and protein(no fat). Protein/fat meals have a low impact on blood sugar levels too.

SP1
    so when I don't lift I should have pro/fat all day. When I do lift I should have pro/fat, after cardio, pro/carb after lift, pro/carb 2 hours after and then pro/fat the rest of the day.

so when I don't lift I should have pro/fat all day. When I do lift I should have pro/fat, after cardio, pro/carb after lift, pro/carb 2 hours after and then pro/fat the rest of the day.
    That's pretty much how i do it but...
    Sometimes i do a pro/fat all day on days i don't lift (wednesdays). If i do have carbs they are consumed in the morning or early that day. It also depends on how active you are. check this out for a better understanding:

http://forums.anabolicreview.com/showthread.php?t=75729

SP1
    thanks for the help

bruin is offline Junior Member
    fitnessguy awesome info thanks for shareing that with use.

Thread Information