lzicc is offline Senior Member

Carbs, Fat, Protein and Body Fat

I know whenever you eat a protein meal, you should either add some fat or carbs energy. What happens if you eat a protein only meal? Will your body use that for energy or will it use your body fat for energy?

arnoldwannab is offline Associate Member
    Your body will use the protein for energy instead of it goin to where it needs to go for recovery.

That's what I thought. How about during the day when I won't use as much energy? I will definately be drinking a postworkout shake and get my carbs then from the dextrose, about 80 grams of carbs, I am just thinking of cutting out the carbs and fats from a few of my meals throughout the day hoping that I will burn some fat off this way. I am trying to lose fat, but I don't want to lose too fast and lose too much muscle.

I guess how I am looking at it, if I always have some carbs or fat in me for energy from eating, how will my bodyfat start to burn off?

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    doesnt have to be much i usually have about 12gEFA's or about 22g Carb w/ each meal when cutting not counting lotsa vegies w/ each usually 1.5cups asparagus or brussels or broccoli or some greenie.

I am at 225. With this diet I am at about 150gr carbs a day. This includes the dex in the pwo. My fat is around 90 grams. It is mainly from flax and olive oil. Protien is around 320 grams. A total of 2800 calories per day. I just want to make sure that I am low enough to start losing weight slowly and finally start to feel not so bloated like I have been.

Thread Information