diesel85 is offline Junior Member

what do you guys think of this???

from a book called Nutrient Timing...has some interesting info on pre, during, postworkout nutrition...most of it follows what i've read on this board, but as far as the rest of the day, they seem to advocate alot more carbs and fat, and really only about 1.2g protein per lb. (guess they're not thinking about AS)...just curious as to what some of you may think about it, if you've read it.**see next post**
    Last edited by diesel85; 04-26-2005 at 05:05 PM. Reason: not enough response, need diff. title maybe?

no one? well, i don't know if this is allowed, but here is a post from elsewhere that kind of sums up what this book is about, at least in reference to pre/post workout nutrition...i actually read the book, and it seems to advocate more carbs and fat, and less protein than i've seen...something like 1.2g/lb gimme some feedback...

http://www.outlawmuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4789

ight, leavin the office now, somebody throw an opinion or two out there...

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Ive read in many places consuming more then .95-1.3 grams of protein per lb of bodyweightis a complete waste, but im not sure, i weigh 190 n consume 245 grams on weight training days n 205 on cardio days, idk if this is correc, but i take out my steak on cardio days to cut down on fat, but about the carbs n fat ive never really heard that

Trylek is offline New Member
    I have also read that the max protein intake that an athlet will need is 1.2-1.4 grams per kilogram. Note that I put kg and not pound. This would be even less than per pound. I also read that there is no advantage in exceeding 1.7-2g/kg per day. However, as mentioned by diesel85, I do not believe that any consideration was given to AS and how it can increase protein synthesis.

Does anyone out there know, or at least have a good idea, on where the 2g/lb for putting on mass came from? Is this just for guys that are juicing? I know that it may be tried and true by the biggest bodybuilders, but is there any scientific research that proves that their bodies can actually assimilate that much protein? I know that an excessive intake of protein can be very hard on the kidneys. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

did you guys check out that post? i was wondering what you thought...

Thread Information