MCMARK is offline Associate Member

how about stevia?/

anyone tried stevia ..and if so how was it..??im tryin to find a natural sweetener and so far a found whey low and stevia but seems like not alot have tried them yet,,any input on these would be aprieciated

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MCMARK
    anyone tried stevia ..and if so how was it..??im tryin to find a natural sweetener and so far a found whey low and stevia but seems like not alot have tried them yet,,any input on these would be aprieciated
    Stevia is an excellent sweetner. It is all natural, has virtually no carbs, and is something like 10 times sweeter than sugar. I used to use it before Splenda was invented. Its only limitation is that it is usually very expensive to buy.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    I've heard of it, yet I haven't really tried it due to as beenie noted, its cost. Splenda has been outstanding since it came out.

Thumbs up

well i tried it , got 100 packs for $12 a little expensive..taste great and i did a little research showing alot of other positive aspects about this sweetener so i guess i will pay the differnce..you do use alot less since its stronger than sugar tho...

diesel85 is offline Junior Member
    i read some prelim tests on rats showed low sperm counts in males and something with females, i'll try to find it and post it the actual article...everything else i've read seemed positive, but it's still very new...bro, if you're a normal, healthy person, aspartame is completely safe, and it's been around and studied extensively for about 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by diesel85
    i read some prelim tests on rats showed low sperm counts in males and something with females, i'll try to find it and post it the actual article...everything else i've read seemed positive, but it's still very new...bro, if you're a normal, healthy person, aspartame is completely safe, and it's been around and studied extensively for about 30 years.
    Stevia! You MUST be mistaken! Stevia has been around for 10,000 years aspertame has been around for 20 years.

diesel85 is offline Junior Member
    dude, i think you know what i meant, Stevia hasn't been marketed as a sweetner for very long, and that being the case, there hasn't been a whole lot of research done on it's long term effects on the body, rat or human. granted, rats do metabolize things differently than humans, but it's still new...to the MARKET. Aspartame, btw, was discovered in 1965, and approved by the FDA in 1981...there were about 100 studies done before it was approved, and there have been about 200 done since...all proving it's safety...

dude, i think you know what i meant, Stevia hasn't been marketed as a sweetner for very long, and that being the case, there hasn't been a whole lot of research done on it's long term effects on the body, rat or human. granted, rats do metabolize things differently than humans, but it's still new...to the MARKET. Aspartame, btw, was discovered in 1965, and approved by the FDA in 1981...there were about 100 studies done before it was approved, and there have been about 200 done since...all proving it's safety...
    It was my understanding that stevia had been used for hundreds of years as a sweetner by Central Americans. I did an Internet search and I saw the articles that you cite. As I say, I switched to Splenda because its cheaper, but here is a link to an article, so the reader can decide:

http://www.cspinet.org/nah/4_00/stevia.html

WELL SINCE I GOT A KID ON THE WAY MAYBE THE LOW SPERM THING ISNT SO BAD AFTERALL and aspertame gives me a headache thats why im looking for other substatutes

Quote Originally Posted by MCMARK
    WELL SINCE I GOT A KID ON THE WAY MAYBE THE LOW SPERM THING ISNT SO BAD AFTERALL and aspertame gives me a headache thats why im looking for other substatutes
    No one said it would cause you to have low sperm count, just yer pet rats.

Thread Information