niXon)( is offline Member

I'm thinking of incorperating milk into my diet

I read alot of different magazines everyday and most say to put some sort of dairy into your diet. On the other hand it's a taboo to put it in your diet on here.

They say it's good for you, helps promote weight loss, etc. All I see the benifit is for healthy bones (its nutrients) but i also see how lowfat/fat free milk is almost made up of only sugars.

Arnold also says in his encyclopedia book to use milk...

I'm on a lean mass diet with cardio 4xwk 45min. on cycle. Just a thought, where would the milk benifit best in a diet, any kind. (in protein drink, for breakfast with pro\carb, or anything else....

alphaman is offline Member
    The book "Brawn" by Stuart McRobert, Editor of hardgainer magazine , recommends tons of milk for hardgainers. I've always thought the diet principles on this site make the most sense, though. Which a couple of years ago, they weren't necessarily the sites principles, they were Swolecat's! In the time I was gone from the site Swolecat took over. Just an observation.

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    The only time i would incorporate it is in my PWO shake (skim milk)
    you might want to look into some ff cottage cheese...

xenithon is offline Member
    I personally think it is a good idea. Try get organic, free range milk if possible (processed type is not that great).

Unfortunately the norms around here are along the lines of milk is useless and only have carbs if you bulking. So you will most likely get shot down for the idea

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    If bulking milk is the greatest......I drink milk with EVERY meal.

niXon)( is offline Member
    awsome keep opinions coming

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    I would never put milk into my diet. Peasurization (sp?) is what kills milk. Also, a lot processed sugar.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Ditto.

~SC~

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I'm with Swole and Shred on this... I wouldn't add milk to my diet.... really the only dairy I get is some occasionsal cheese or from my ff cc. Other than that I take a calcium supp.

When I was more into powerlifting and honestly cared less about how I looked I drank milk all the time..Honestly just by cutting it out and replacing it with a good lean source of protein I could see a change in my body. That told me that milk sucked for my body at least. I wouldn't suggest it to anyone..
    Last edited by goodtobeapimp; 04-25-2005 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Dumbass attack

beenie is offline Senior Member
    You need to look carefully at the research advocating drinking milk for weight loss. Please note who the research's sponsors are.

xenithon is offline Member
    I agree about the quality of milk. Hence my suggestion that, if you are incorporating it, try get organic, free-range milk. It may cost a bit more, but if you are having 2-300ml a day it aint that bad. I also do not think you need exceedingly high amounts. I still don't get how people manage to put down a gallon a day

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.shred
    I would never put milk into my diet. Peasurization (sp?) is what kills milk. Also, a lot processed sugar.
    agreed....

Thread Information