Justarting is offline Associate Member

Final Diet critique please.

Alright in the past I think I've had problems with dipping tooo low into calories and causing metabolism problems so this is my best attempt at a cutting diet. Feel free to flame away, but keep it constructive.

AM CARDIO - 35 minutes, speed walking(60% Max heart rate)

Meal 1- 2 scoops whey, 16 almonds

Meal 2- 2 cans tuna, 1.5 tbsp's full fat mayonaiise

Meal 3- PWO- 70 gram dex, 35 whey

Meal 4- PPWO- .5 cups of oatmeal or rice depending on how im feeling, 2 chicken breats

Meal 5- Egg white, chicken and cheese omelette

I get approx 2100 calories, I am 5'11 inches tall and weigh 190 pouns with about 12 % bf. I would like to get down to about 6 percent

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    That is a low amount of calories. I'm not sure what your current calorie intake is, but that would be a big jump for me. Ya might want to add a couple more meals in there for a little bit and then gradually cut back to 2100 calories. And also add some flax to meal 5 and be careful with the cheese. Too much can be bad(saturated fat)

Well the basis for my diet was kinda a low carb type thing, but i do understand that EFA'S are more optimal than cheese. The calories thing, it is 12 times my body weight, you think that is too low still? I only had problems in the past where i was down to 9 times my weight. That was horrible, I didn't even sweat when i was performing cardio cuz my heartrate slowed so much

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    you need a 6th meal in there. i eat more then that and I am only 5'5". Also recently i was just corrected on my cardio timing and you need to get in 45 mins.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

niXon)( is offline Member
    I don't see how you could function properly, let alone in the gym on that many calories. if you're not worried about having strength and losing muscle then go for it.

add another meal in there.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Def need to bump up the calories somewhere... add another meal bro, and like abstrack just said.... bump the cardio up to 45 minutes.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    dood UP your PPWO carb intake for sure! .5 cup oats is not good
    and oats are LOW GI try something starchy or something like Yams get about 60-70 carbs IMO for that meal since ur really low everywhere else on the board.

I don't understand why I'm so low.... like my cals are 12 x my body weight. Everywhere I look says for cutting, begin with about 11-12x you're body weight in calories. Even Swole told me 12 x in another thread i just posted?

niXon)( is offline Member
    then try it for a week or two and see if you have enough energy to pick your nose.

dazbo is offline Senior Member
    I think those amounts of calories - 12x your bodyweight - is only good if the only thing you do is sit and do nothing - sedentry. at that bodyweight and with doing power walking am and weights midday, you're maintenance cals would be more like 3500-4000cals depending on effort and the amount of work your WORK involves. And normally no les than 1000cals below maintenance is recommended I beleive ???

So that would mean you should have a MINIMUM of 2500cals but prob more like 2900ish. If not, your training WILL suffer adn you will lose muscle mass.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by niXon)(
    then try it for a week or two and see if you have enough energy to pick your nose.

LMAO!! Now thats some funny stuff!!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Thread Information