diesel85 is offline Junior Member

got some crappy news today...

went to a rheumatologist today, diagnosis--Rheumatoid Arthritis, at 29! apparently, even kids can get it...anyhoo, he said he wanted me to lay off the protein shakes and any amino acid supplements, don't know how much merit there is to this, but if you guys knew the amount of pain i've been in over the past few weeks, you'd understand why i'm willing to do anything to stop it! So, my question is, what would be the fastest acting/digesting protein from a whole food source, that i could take with my dex/malto immediately after my workout?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Egg whites.

Why did he say you can't use protein powder? Just curious, I'm no doctor but that doesn't seem to make any sense.

~SC~

I'd say tuna or egg whites

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I'm curious to know why he said this also..... sorry to hear about it. I've trained a few people with this and I can vouch it does make simple things in life total hell.

JayP40 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel85
    went to a rheumatologist today, diagnosis--Rheumatoid Arthritis, at 29! apparently, even kids can get it...anyhoo, he said he wanted me to lay off the protein shakes and any amino acid supplements, don't know how much merit there is to this, but if you guys knew the amount of pain i've been in over the past few weeks, you'd understand why i'm willing to do anything to stop it! So, my question is, what would be the fastest acting/digesting protein from a whole food source, that i could take with my dex/malto immediately after my workout?
    Very sad news bro. My best friend has fibromyalgia(not for sure if correct spelling) and he is only 30. the only thing docs can do for him is give him muscle relaxers and pain killers

well, to be quite honest, due to the excessive amount of pain i've been in, i was pretty open to any and all suggestions...so no, i didn't ask him exactly why he recommended that, but i'm assuming it has something to do with the fact that Whey is a manufactured protein, and not found in whole foods, the same with amino acid supps...any research would be appreciated. i guess i'll try and go without it for awhile, if it doesn't help, then i'll prob. switch back.

so, eggs huh? should i down the dex/malt first, or the eggs first, or does it matter?

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    a lot of doctors believe that too much protein breaks down your joints. I had some tendonitis in my knees and the first thing they said was lay off the protein because it is very acidic.

-SHRED

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    try glucosamine and chond. he helps believe me.... i like to front load it hell i even did a report/molecular synthesis presentation over it... shyt seems f'n amazing as compared to NSAIDs which actually accelerate the diseas.

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    try glucosamine and chond. he helps believe me.... i like to front load it hell i even did a report/molecular synthesis presentation over it... shyt seems f'n amazing as compared to NSAIDs which actually accelerate the diseas.
    I agree...I particularly like the liquid.

actually, gluc/chon is good for OSTEOarthritis...the only supplement that's supposed to be helpful for rheumatoid is fish oils/omega 3s...and he didn't say too much protein is bad, just the manufactured whey protein in shakes, as well as amino acid supps...and i've never heard that NSAIDs accelerate arthritis...do you have any research to back that up? just curious...

Thread Information