TxFireRescue is offline New Member

Needing Extreme Help

Alright I was directed to you guys and hope yall can help. I have tried every diet AINT S**T working. Im 6'3 325lbs. About the only thing on me that aint right is my mid section other then that Im not all fat. HELP ME WHERE DO I GO. TELL ME WHAT TO DO AND ILL DO IT. My main problem is I work 24hrs on and 48off and in that 24hrs I dont exactly get the privelage of preparing a meal or knowing when I am going to get to eat. Appreciate any advice you guys go. Thanx yall.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    post up your meal plan and a typical day. It is much easier to help this way
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Dont have a meal plan. Lately as far a normal day not dieting...consists of a protein shake, lunch meats, whatever is around the house for dinner. When Im at work anything goes. On my 48hrs off I try to stay active playing basketball and baseball. I usually run one to two miles a day. Sorry Im not much help just really trying to figure out what I need to keep out of my diet and examples what I can eat.

getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    check out the sticky's atop the forum

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TxFireRescue
    Alright I was directed to you guys and hope yall can help. I have tried every diet AINT S**T working. Im 6'3 325lbs. About the only thing on me that aint right is my mid section other then that Im not all fat. HELP ME WHERE DO I GO. TELL ME WHAT TO DO AND ILL DO IT. My main problem is I work 24hrs on and 48off and in that 24hrs I dont exactly get the privelage of preparing a meal or knowing when I am going to get to eat. Appreciate any advice you guys go. Thanx yall.
    I don't know what you bf% is, but I take it that it is very high. You say that you have tried many diets and none have worked. That is cause for great concern.

Basically, you need to burn more calories than you take in to lose weight, so if your diet was doing this and it wasnt working you need to recheck what you are really doing.

If you start a cardio problem it will really help you a lot also. Thats a way that you can burn off some of the calories that you take in.

The last time I had my bf% checked it was 30% and that was like a year ago. I was at 250lbs for about four years and running 25% until like a year ago. I gained like 50lbs when me and my fiancee were together LOL, shes gone now. But my problem now is self motivation. I do my training, i run, and i lift weights but when i dont see results i give up. I am desperately trying to get back to the figure and shape i was when i was in highschool and just out of. Which was 250lbs, benching 350, squattin like 780lbs, running 2miles a day and you couldnt keep me sitting down.

The last time I had my bf% checked it was 30% and that was like a year ago. I was at 250lbs for about four years and running 25% until like a year ago. I gained like 50lbs when me and my fiancee were together LOL, shes gone now. But my problem now is self motivation. I do my training, i run, and i lift weights but when i dont see results i give up. I am desperately trying to get back to the figure and shape i was when i was in highschool and just out of. Which was 250lbs, benching 350, squattin like 780lbs, running 2miles a day and you couldnt keep me sitting down.
    That was my guess from your initial post, but I was not certain. What you really need is to do something that you will see very fast results. I was in a similar situation as you when i first started, 285 at 6'5". I did so much cardio at first every night and started an Atkins diet. I lost about 25 lbs the first month, which gave me the inspiration to continue. People really need to see SUCCESS to stick with things unless they are very self motivated.

Ultimately though it comes down to you, and there is nothing anyone that can tell you that will work unless you do it.

Given your situation, I think you should seriously up the cardio. Your first order needs to be getting your bf% down. I would also suggest that you consider some form of low carb diet, because if done correctly, portion control is less of an issue, at least at first, when you will make the fastest progress assuming that you really DO it.

Dude I just went on like a crash diet seriously I went through my fridge and panty and threw out everything. Went shopping last night and all I have in my pantry and fridge right now is HIGH PROTEIN, no fat or low fat, low or no carbs, S**T load of fruit and vegetables. Appreciate the help yall Ill keep checkin back. Thanx yall

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Dude I just went on like a crash diet seriously I went through my fridge and panty and threw out everything. Went shopping last night and all I have in my pantry and fridge right now is HIGH PROTEIN, no fat or low fat, low or no carbs, S**T load of fruit and vegetables. Appreciate the help yall Ill keep checkin back. Thanx yall
    just dont go into such a cal deficit that you go into a starvation mode and die... because i heard dying is bad for your health in the long run.
    EAT BALANCED even though your in dire need of weight loss
    still need good carbs and good fats ESPECIALLY EFAs LOTS AND LOTS of them to help utizlie fatty acids for fuel. and good carbs to keep you from going into depression kuz ur going to be hungry cranky and evil

You need to read up on carbs. Fruit is very high in carb. So are many veggies. You must be careful. If you stick to beef, fish, poultry, and porrk, you will be on the right track. Again, the benefit with this sort of diet is that you will not need to limit your portions. So, you should ALWAYS eat if you are hungry and NEVER eat if you are not. When youbegin to get your body fat down around 15% or so, you will need to refine this.

Thinking about you this morning I remembered that when I started I set short term goals and it was effective gor me. My first goal was to bring my weight down to 275. After I accomplished it, I set a new goal of 250. Then a goal of 225. Psychologically it helped me, because I was alway in close reach of accomplishing it, and to cheat is to digress. It may be something else that you can consider.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    sometimes its best to eat by the clock rather than by hunger. hunger can lead to cravings which can lead to poor choices

Nah dont get me wrong...I didnt like cut everything out of my diet. I just noticed that everything I bought at the grocery store and everything I have been consuming I have been counting calories and keeping what I eat in moderations. Ive been drinking nothing but water and crystal light well some knock off **** of it, and taking all my vitamins. Hey got a question, I dont really drink cokes all that often I maybe have like 1 to 2 every 2 to 3 days, but are diet cokes bad? or should I stay away from them altogether?
    Last edited by TxFireRescue; 04-28-2005 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    sometimes its best to eat by the clock rather than by hunger. hunger can lead to cravings which can lead to poor choices
    Most cravings are caused by blood sugar spikes. Carbs are what causes this. You will find that on a severly restricted carb diet these cravings will disapear. Hence you can eat when you are hungry.

People who wait for a scheduled hour are the ones who wind up binging. Sound familiar. I'll bet that's been your previous pattern, right?

Nah dont get me wrong...I didnt like cut everything out of my diet. I just noticed that everything I bought at the grocery store and everything I have been consuming I have been counting calories and keeping what I eat in moderations. Ive been drinking nothing but water and crystal light well some knock off **** of it, and taking all my vitamins. Hey got a question, I dont really drink cokes all that often I maybe have like 1 to 2 every 2 to 3 days, but are diet cokes bad? or should I stay away from them altogether?
    At this point, don't worry about diet coke. Drink as much as you want. These types of things become a consideration for the guys who are trying to get from 7% body fat to 5%. For now, don't worry about diet soda and drink as much as you want.

Thread Information