8-oz baked potatoe

meal 5-10-oz chicken breast
    2 cups white rice

meal 6-protein shake

calories totals=4500
    protein=646
    carbs=336
    fats=61

do you think i should go longer and if so...how long...also when i go to cut...this will be reduced slightly...but not much.

stats

height 6' 1"
    weight 240
    arms 18 1/2-19" havn't measured them in a while
    legs-nothing i want to talk about...but that will change
    waist 38"
    chest 46" + or -

bench 375x6...will go up in weight when i can get 10 reps also this is 3 sets
    squat..nothing i am proud of...but that will soon change
    shoulder press 310x8x3..again will go up in weight when i reach 10

i am not boasting in anyway....just letting you know the stats...and they are constantly changing.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i see you like starch.. good luck w/ insulin related fat storage.
    meal 6 needs flax but meat or casein protein w/ flax would be ideal
    need WAY MORE EFA's

IBENCH700 is offline Junior Member
    well i do know one thing,since i have been doing this meal plan.....it has definitely put some size on me...and my friends have definitely noticed.a friend of mine who does juice...ask me what i was taking and i told him nothing yet...he thinks i am bs ing him.

my meal plan came from a very well known source.....this is for bulk only......

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If it's working then why the need to critique/change?

In addition, wouldn't the "well known source" be able to tell you what you should do? Being that it is his/her outline?

~SC~

BrownBomber is offline Member
    LOL.....I just read this diet in a very old FLEX issue this morning while riding the bike. This well known source is......Ronnie Coleman.

All I gotta say is do what works for YOU!!!!

Good Luck!
    BB
    Last edited by BrownBomber; 04-27-2005 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBomber
    LOL.....I just read this diet in a very old FLEX issue this morning while riding the bike. This well known source is......Ronnie Coleman.

All I gotta say is do what works for YOU!!!!

Good Luck!
    BB
    now that is good STUFF!

all i was asking was....how long? to stay on it for.yes it did come from RC....is that a bad ****ing thing. AND I TAPERED IT DOWN A LITTLE AND ADDED SOME OTHER STUFF.it doesn't say to take flax seed oil or any kind of oil.and i never said i made the ****ing **** up in the first place....i just simply ask how is this for bulk.THE FIRST ****ING THING YOU GUYS WANNA DO IS CRITIC SOME ****ING BODY.

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    I would do oatmeal instead of grits.JMO

If you get tired of eating potato and rice try noodles.

Try the flax or Natty peanutbutter either one will work, but the flax deffinently being better.

When do you work out is it before meal 6? I hope so. If not you are missing the window of opportunity for great protein absorbsion. You need a post work out shake w/60 grams of protein and 120 grams of dextrose. Someone please correct me if im wrong.

I heard not to bulk for more than 8 weeks. If someone else knows diffirent they will let you know, trust me.

Other than that I say good luck to you bro. Stats are looking great.

A will to start a good diet is key get used to it and then you can really tweak it out.

Oh yeah make sure you are taking a good multi vitaimin.

Quote Originally Posted by IBENCH700
    all i was asking was....how long? to stay on it for.yes it did come from RC....is that a bad ****ing thing. AND I TAPERED IT DOWN A LITTLE AND ADDED SOME OTHER STUFF.it doesn't say to take flax seed oil or any kind of oil.and i never said i made the ****ing **** up in the first place....i just simply ask how is this for bulk.THE FIRST ****ING THING YOU GUYS WANNA DO IS CRITIC SOME ****ING BODY.
    Test doesnt increase your anger... anger increases test! i think ur going to get some gains on that post alone
    no its not a bad thing and relax- youll live longer and get stronger.
    just downgrade ur starch based carbs to whole grains or lower gi carbs and incorp some essential EFA's like flax/salmon/olive oil, read the stickies at the top and be happy you got good stats.

BOLDED
    Quote Originally Posted by brew035
    When do you work out is it before meal 6? I hope so. If not you are missing the window of opportunity for great protein absorbsion. You need a post work out shake w/60 grams of protein and 120 grams of dextrose. Someone please correct me if im wrong. no thats about spot on .25gProtein per lb of lean body mass pwo shake then 2x that for dex intake. so if he has about 210lbs lean mas which would be my guess i would say bout 50g-55gPro shake w/ 110-120dex but this is also dependent upon duration and intensity

I heard not to bulk for more than 8 weeks. If someone else knows diffirent they will let you know, trust me. i bulked for 4 years got to 285 natty w/ 17-18%BF... so i think bulking can go ALOT longer than 8 weeks, its just you need to change your lifting regiment every so often to break the cycle. going heavy is great but going light helps reduce injury to tendons and incorp addtional muscle fibers and stabilizers because your primery movers will fatigue and you will have to incorp more secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBomber
    LMFAO!

~SC~

yes i will be tweaking it...yeah i felt like i had roid rage there for a minute.but it is all good.well i have tried talking to several people around here....and nothing panned out.

SO SWOLECAT......GO AHEAD AND LAUGHT..or what the **** ever....but we all have to start some where.and i chose ronnie's meal plan to base off of...that is all.inbetween meal 3-5...i also take a protein shake but small 20 grms.

i am just trying to learn....sorry about the addy...sometimes i think i need anger management..he he.....i am also not even adding what i eat,like little snacks....chicken salad exc. during the day...on top of my meal plan.

so i need to eat whole grains...please name some and gi...i have some olive oil..how much should i take and at what times.

i do my work out after meal 2...so i am a mourning guy i guess you could say.i also take 50 grms of protein after my work out.

since i have been taking the tamoxifen and the tribulus extract 450 mg....i feel ****ing great..no lethargy and my work outs are intense.i s/s alot of my sets together and gives me and even better pump....i am NOT taking anything right now.that is why i am here...to see if i want to.i also take 2 multi vitamins i the mourning

I wasn't laughing at your implementation of a superstars program (although that does get my chuckling quite frantically now that you've offered up a 2nd post), but rather the way in which the other person discovered what you were talking about.

That is what I thought was funny.

~SC~

well we all have to start some where do we not.........are you willing to help or not....also what about changing the potatoes to sweet potatoes.....i can put the food away.....just don't have any idea's about the food i actually need to be eating....

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Someone help me out. He says that he is getting 646g of protein with six meals. I am looking at it and I am struggling to find where he is getting 100+g of pro each meal.

are you willing to help or not...
    With a question like that, I'm amazed you asked.

BTW, your issue won't be w/the type of carb source, as if they are in the right amounts for your goals you won't have to worry. Ronnie Coleman probably didn't even write that, someone else did. I however don't employ carbs such as this when bulking, not even close, however that is what I've found to work for me. You may need carbs like this and it may not matter what they are comprised of, but I wouldn't bet on it. Just as w/my clients, we have to "begin" somewhere, and adjust as times goes forth, and I do have to prescribe different protocols as the weeks progress. You just hope to be as spot on the first time as you can be, and that only happens when you plan, read, work out your initial plan of attack, etc. That is something that is to be figured by you, tracked (your progress), etc. You have to try foods and see what they do, we could speculate on what you should eat until the cows come home, but that's not going to do anything for real world results.

You have a panic "get to this quick or else" approach/demeanor, and that usually is indicative of people then not wanting to comment very much, if at all.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by sooners04
    I am struggling to find where he is getting 100+g of pro each meal.
    I believe we all are.

I figured that was very obvious and didn't wanna point it out as a mistake, but now that you did.........

~SC~

I just thought I was missing something, I do that quite often.

well don't mean to come off like that....i am just excited about really getting back into this....thats all? i get frustrated sometimes and don't have patientence.....

TO THE GUY ABOVE SWOLECAT.....i take 6 50 gram protein drinks a day....100 % whey...that is 300...so my other 346 comes from the chicken and other meats that i eat.

hey swole...what about changing from white to brown rice and the reg potatoes to sweet potatoes....i have also added in some veggies...like romaine and green beans and black beans.

since i have been on this meal plan....for some strange reason my six pack is coming in and i am not working abs that much..but will be soon.i have energy thru the roof.i have people asking me if i am juicing..and i tell them no...just trying to eat right and i work each body part twice a week...but w/different routines and i go heavy barbell/ moderate on dumbell....i have been doing this work out for around 2 months...and i have to say.i am very satisfied w/the results...and they just keep getting better.

i may also drink a shake in the middle of the night when i get up to use the br.

TO THE GUY ABOVE SWOLECAT.....i take 6 50 gram protein drinks a day....100 % whey...that is 300...so my other 346 comes from the chicken and other meats that i eat.
    Well you NEVER stated that and when do you drink these, along with your meals? I would say thats TOO much protein for one meal.

If it's working well for you now (as you said it is) then why change anything?

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by sooners04
    I just thought I was missing something, I do that quite often.

APPARENTLY.....SWOLECAT :aaok****t is right....

hey this smiley **** is pretty fun huh?

I am not going to argue on the freaking computer but like SC said if its working don't mess with it. But you only stated that you drink two shakes a day not 6.

because someone said it had to much starch....so thats when the questions began....yes i take a protein drink w/every meal.....like i said it seems to be working just wondering how long.....i will take a guess and say 8-12 weeks.

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    APPARENTLY.....SWOLECAT :aaok****t is right....

hey this smiley **** is pretty fun huh?
    somebody's got a potty mouth

hell they do it why cain't..it's all in fun right.

MOUTHING OFF LIKE A 14 YEAR OLD SMARTASS WON'T GET YOU ANYWHERE HERE.

WARNING #1.

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 04-30-2005 at 01:23 PM.

dood i reccommend real food inplace of shakes, but thats just me im weird like that. if i could i would live off shakes kuz im SICK OF MEAT lol i go threw a 7lb turkey breast 3lbs of eggwhites and either 4 cans of tuna or 4lbs of salmon in 2 days >< i woudl rather just drink whey/casein shakes w/ flax but ohhh well...

TAKE A NICE VACATION AND COME BACK LATER WHEN YOU LEARN RESPECT.

YOU MAY ALSO WANT TO BRUSH UP ON YOUR READING SKILLS, AS THE SUGGESTIONS ABOVE WERE NOT EVEN ADDRESSED BY YOU, YET YOU FEEL THE NEED TO HAND OUT INSULTS. WELL GUESS WHAT, NOT HERE.

I DON'T TAKE KINDLY TO WHAT YOU SAID TO ME AT ALL, SO FEEL LUCKY THAT YOU ARE NOT BANNED PERMANENTLY.

SEE YOU IN A FEW WEEKS.

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 04-30-2005 at 01:30 PM.

Thread Information