littleguns is offline Associate Member

Will this get me cut?

I have been running about 3.5-5 miles every night and keeping my diet in check. I am trying to eat about 4 times a day maximum. Right now I am about 13 percent body fat and I have a month before i start my next cycle. Keeping this same routine up can I get down to 10 percent by june?

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by littleguns
    I have been running about 3.5-5 miles every night and keeping my diet in check. I am trying to eat about 4 times a day maximum. Right now I am about 13 percent body fat and I have a month before i start my next cycle. Keeping this same routine up can I get down to 10 percent by june?
    Um you may want to read around a bit but here's my list of suggestions for starting out:
    - 6 meals a day (up from 4)
    - morning cardio on an empty stomache 60-75% of your MHR, running puts you way over that.
    - Your diet is key, whats it look like?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by littleguns
    No, that won't get you cut.

It will however sap a ton of lean muscle mass off of you.

I'd recommend HIGHLY that you learn how to eat/exercise/etc., before you start any "cycle". With a diet and activity like you have, what a waste that would be.

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    No, that won't get you cut.

It will however sap a ton of lean muscle mass off of you.

I'd recommend HIGHLY that you learn how to eat/exercise/etc., before you start any "cycle". With a diet and activity like you have, what a waste that would be.

Do what he said OR DIE!

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    look at marathon runners build and look at sprinters builds...there's your answer.

littleguns is offline Associate Member
    Okay. So right Now i am 220 pounds at 13 percent body fat. Lets say I eat 6 meals a day. my three square meals with a 40 gram protein shake inbetween meals. And I kept up my hour of running a day. No fast food all clean foods and only complex carbs. Would I get cut up then?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    You would be missing key fats in the three protein-only shakes, and the other 3 solid meals need to be accurate as well. The cutting sample above the page gives a good outline to follow, I'd use those meal recommendations.

Also, the point was, STOP running.

You want to remain in a 65-75% MHR range to burn stored BODYFAT, not exceeding that threshold in which you'll burn glucose and lean mass when you run out of blood glucose.

~SC~

Thread Information