vestax is offline Member

quick diet question about bulking & cardio

I know you cannot lose fat & gain muscle at the same time (for the most part).

Say your daily calorie expenditure was 3000 calories

If you did cardio in the morning, empty stomach and burned 1000 calories. Then waited 45 mins until you started eating

Had weight training somewhere in the middle of the day

Then, overall in the day you ate 5000 calories

So you have a surplus of 1000 calories. Is this going to just go back into the fat you lost? My problem is that I am trying to bulk but cannot give up the morning cardio, I need to have it to feel good all day. I would rather have the cardio in the morning than bulk.

So is there any way to have the cardio in the morning and just eat more to gain muscle? I am on a cycle of Test E 500mg/wk week 11/15 right now

Thanks bros.

Trylek is offline New Member
    Actually cardio in the morning while bulking is good for you. It helps limit the amount of fat you put on while bulking, and it keeps your heart strong. Just make sure that your diet is in check and you should be fine.

vestax is offline Member
    I am 165lbs 5"7 maybe 15% BF.
    I do the eliptical every morning for 1hr which is supposedly burning 900 calories
    I lift weights for 30 mins every afternoon

How can I do cardio and weights every day and still gain strength while losing fat?

bigdogc is offline Associate Member
    hey bro, being that light and doing AAS isnt the greatest idea. but im not one to talk, thats your own decision. you are trying to bulk and on a cycle at 167. you REALLY need to think about cutting out the cardio for a while IMHO. focus on gaining weight for about a month. see where you are, and if you are clean bulking you should not only look bigger, but more defined with the AAS. i would wait until PCT to start cardio.

ps- what are your goals as far as weight/bf%?

CrispyHaole is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdogc
    hey bro, being that light and doing AAS isnt the greatest idea. but im not one to talk, thats your own decision. you are trying to bulk and on a cycle at 167. you REALLY need to think about cutting out the cardio for a while IMHO. focus on gaining weight for about a month. see where you are, and if you are clean bulking you should not only look bigger, but more defined with the AAS. i would wait until PCT to start cardio.

ps- what are your goals as far as weight/bf%?
    dont do cardio during pct, stay at a slightly higher than maintenance diet during pct. when its done and your back to normal then start cardio.

Thread Information